• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment from my daughters father, can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tala Marie

What is the name of your state? california

I got pregnant when I was 17 and my daughters father was 23. He left me when I was 3 months pregnant and had little contact with my until she was born. Right before she turned two years old he refused to give her back to me, so I took him to court over cutsody and recieved full physical custody and joint legal custody. He has set visitation for one night per weekend every other weekend. I allowed him to see her everyweekend both because she wanted to visit with him and because he wanted the extra contact with her. He is also not supposed to contact me except for through a third party.

Two months ago he started calling the agency that funds her daycare and I am no under investigation by them. This past week he called c.p.s. accusing me of beating my daughter (this was found to be unfounded/false), and this weekend he called the police and had them show up at my house saying he was concerned about her state of being.

This is now the second or third false c.p.s. report that he has filed, along with a false police report. He is behind in child support, and hasnt paid me the court costs that were awarded to me the last time that we went to court either (1500$). I have health problems and the stress from dealing with this is really bearing down on me.

Is there any way I can take him to court for harrassment and if so do I have a chance of winning anything?

I already have full custody so I dont know what else I can do to make him leave me alone. I dont call him or have contact with him and just want him to let me live my life. My daughter has brand new clothes, is well fed, and very well taken care of by me. Im thinking maybe filing civil harassment, but really want some charges to add on to that :/ Please help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">