• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My visiting rights abligations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rudyd55

My wife and I just recently separated. We are trying to agree on how we are going to share the two kids over the weekends. She claims that I should have them every other weekend. I ended up in a basement apartment, and under law, the kids cannot stay sleeping over. She want me to come over to her apartment on Saturday nights to take care of the kids while she goes out with a person she is dating. I know I have the obligation to be with them every other weekend but do I have to be force to meet her schedule. I do want my family back and the fact that she is seeing someone makes me unconfortable. It makes even worse when I have to stay home with the kids while she is out with this other man. Do I have a right to say no to that?

Any comments would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rudyd55:
My wife and I just recently separated. We are trying to agree on how we are going to share the two kids over the weekends. She claims that I should have them every other weekend. I ended up in a basement apartment, and under law, the kids cannot stay sleeping over. She want me to come over to her apartment on Saturday nights to take care of the kids while she goes out with a person she is dating. I know I have the obligation to be with them every other weekend but do I have to be force to meet her schedule. I do want my family back and the fact that she is seeing someone makes me unconfortable. It makes even worse when I have to stay home with the kids while she is out with this other man. Do I have a right to say no to that?

Any comments would be really appreciated.

Thank you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Why is it "against the law" for the kids to stay where you live? What is it about a "basement apartment" that is "illegal"?

If it is illegal, and the situation is uncomfortable for you, why is moving to new digs out of the equation?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

R

rudyd55

The apartment is not legal. I am not a relative of the landloard and that should be the only person allowed, legally, to rent or to stay there. Also, only adult are allowed to live in basement apartments. I am thinking of trying to find another apartment a soon as I am done with school this May. I just finish moving in this past weekend to the basement apartment, but everything was not aut as far as visitation arragements.

Thanks for taking the time to read my inquiry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">