• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abusive mother taking away dad's joint cust.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stepmom2B

My fiance has temporary joint legal custody of his 6 yr old son. His new step father gave him a "spanking" that bruised his thigh and ribs and now the mother is trying to take joint custody away and also summer visitation . The paper from her atty. contains sooo many false allegations against him as well as myself. One of the points is that my fiance reported the stepdad and mother to DSS for spanking and is trying to ruin the relationship his son has with his stepfather! Atty.'s are soo expensive and Johnston County , NC is so "back-woods". Legal Aid in NC says they will not be involved b/c DSS is involved with the mother and step-father. We have all documentation from ER doctors, pictures of the injuries, involvement of National Child abuse advocacy agency, sheriff's dept, etc. My fiance wants to be able to remove his son from this abusive home, but DSS feels that a beating like that is only neglect and the child is safe in that home! Now she is trying to increase the time spent in her abusive home and decrease the time spent in our safe home!! It is so hard to be so powerless in helping his son!! Any ideas????

S

stepmom2B

That is a good idea, and we have thought about it however, I am in grad school and my fiance is supporting his son, himself, and myself at the time. I don't think we could get a loan anywhere with our circumstances. I hate that money is what is holding us back from helping his son!!!!Does anyone know of any organ. that would be able to help us with the financial aspect of getting legal help. I would think that the courts would agree that he should not be in her custody, it is just a matter of getting the money (which will happen as soon as I graduate and get a full time job!!!! Which will be in the next few months, but the court date is coming up soon!) Thanks for any info anyone can give!!

S

stepmom2B

My fiance and I have found an atty for $600 to file a motion for full custody in reply to her plea for full custody. What questions should we ask to ensure that he will do his best to support us in our journey to get his son into our safe home?? any suggestions? (We have had a bad experience with an atty. that resulted in his son being put back into the abusive home b/c this atty thought mothers should always have custody.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">