• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tape Recording Without Permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

halandshawnie

What is the name of your state? MI

Is it under any circumstances okay to replay tape recordings made with out somebody's knowledge? (Such as a hidden tape recorder)

What is during one conversation, the person recording states "you know we're being recorded, right"

These are two different recordings.

H

halandshawnie

More Info

will do my best to make this as short as I can. I am employed at a property management company. Besides me, our office staff includes 4 maint. techs, 1 other leasing agent, the maint. supervisor(my husband) and a manager. One of the maint. techs whom I will call "Bob". Bob has broken several company rules, but has always made it a point to state that he can't be fired because he's black. Well because of stealing electric from a resident, having an illegal truck (expired plates), and having a confrontation with a resident (all big no-nos in our company), "Bob" was fired. He now has went to the main office with 5 tapes he wants them to listen to.

One was a phone conversation (where you can just hear "bobs" voice) with a manager from the main office.

Another was a conversation with the maint. supervisor in "bobs" home, after his vehicle was ticketed. (During which "Bob" said you know we're being recorded, right?"

And 3 others, which we belive were made from a recored hidden in our office( Bob has seemed to know a lot about things we never spoke to him about lately, so I do tend to belive this.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">