• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The True Meaning of Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FamilyRights

Illinois

This is the true meaning of adoption

"Adoption was created to provide homes for orphans. These by definition are children without parents. Car crashes, war, natural disasters. It was never created to provide children to 'poor infertile couples'. When did the wires get crossed? I guess when someone started making money. Children are not a commodity!!!! Get a puppy."
- An adoptee
"Follow the money" - Deep Throat

nextwife

Oh, get over your angst.

First, babies should not be raising babies. Adoption is an acceptable alternative. The child gets a stable, established, more emotionally mature family. Not all who can make a baby should be parenting a baby. Bio is NOT always better. I have friends friasing kids from Russia who were badly abused and neglected before the parental rights were terminated. Theses kids would have been saved a lot of pain if the parents had relinquished BEFORE inflicting all that damage! Same thing in many families I know who adopted from foster- those bioparents had no business being parents.

Second, my kiddo stagnated two years in her orphanage, untreated strabismus, untreated hearing problems and ear infections, before we came along and adopted her. When we adopted her at age two, she had no language development and would have eventually lost the sight in her weak eye, which she was not using. She is not a "true orphan", as her mom is alive - somewhere. Her father is stated as "unknown"- he's probably alive somewhere too.

Instead, this very bright child will develeop to her full potential, go to college, and maybe do some good for the world.

Geez, what is the problem if there are kids that need capable parents, and non bioparents that wish to parent them? Should these kids just stagnate in some collective or orphanage and wait around forever in case the parent that left them comes back someday? Or the druggiie gets clean years latter? Or the alchoholic sobers up someday?

Or should they get to be in a safe environment with a family that cherishes them and does not endanger and abuse them but happens to carry different genes?

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So what do you propose, FamilyRights? What do we do with the children of children who cannot raise them? Or of children of addicts who can't (or won't) get clean? How about some solutions?

(and btw, your tagline doesn't make sense)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">