• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tallen1046

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I was involved in an incident at a bar, where I got kicked out. My buddy ( an officer) came got me and all was dropped. Because my buddy with me is a fireman. ( the bar was in the county not city) The city police chief sent 2 officers down to investigate, and now there is an allegation of one of us hitting her on the butt. It did not happen. The 2 officers wrote their briefing for the night. The police chief took copies of these briefing to the fire chief and the mayor. Ok.. my buddy is a fireman and yes they needed to know about him. I have not ties to this city. I am just a citizen.

Does the police chief have the right to take copies of these briefings to city members with my name on it slandering my name. Yes most in the report is true, but not the slapping on the butt.

Please help me. I am humiliated as is my wife and children!!!
tallen

HomeGuru

tallen1046 said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I was involved in an incident at a bar, where I got kicked out. My buddy ( an officer) came got me and all was dropped. Because my buddy with me is a fireman. ( the bar was in the county not city) The city police chief sent 2 officers down to investigate, and now there is an allegation of one of us hitting her on the butt. It did not happen. The 2 officers wrote their briefing for the night. The police chief took copies of these briefing to the fire chief and the mayor. Ok.. my buddy is a fireman and yes they needed to know about him. I have not ties to this city. I am just a citizen.

Does the police chief have the right to take copies of these briefings to city members with my name on it slandering my name. Yes most in the report is true, but not the slapping on the butt.

Please help me. I am humiliated as is my wife and children!!!
tallen
**A: you guys were accused of hitting the city police chief on the butt? What an assinine allegation.

Last edited:
T

tallen1046

let me be more specific... No not the officer. A lady at the bar the called the police.

T

tallen1046

Ok... I was ask to leave by the bar lady and wouldn't. They called the law. Now the story coming out is...We got kicked out because one of us hit the girl on the butt. It was because my buddy put his head on the bar.

HomeGuru

tallen1046 said:
Ok... I was ask to leave by the bar lady and wouldn't. They called the law. Now the story coming out is...We got kicked out because one of us hit the girl on the butt.

**A: so what. At least the story was not that "she wanted it and you say no thanks, I'm gay"

It was because my buddy put his head on the bar.

**A: now that's an entirely separate charge of indecent exposure.

T

tallen1046

this issue is really not funny. My should have never been on the copies that were spread around town. There were no charges filed and not even an investigation. My name is slandered for something that never happened. Not to mention my wife and kids feelings.

HomeGuru

Ok, okie, then sue for $2.5 million and then buy a hog farm and retire from selling the processed waste to energy to the utility company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">