• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

• Thread starter Distraught-N-TX
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Distraught-N-TX

Texas

I am 23 years old. I have a simple assault charge pending for hitting my baby's father in public. I caught him at a restaurant with another female (not his girlfriend) who I don't trust around my child, and they both know this. I've asked him not to take my daughter around her. Anyway, I got upset and hit him and the police were called. He was arrested, but I was given a citation. It is my first offense, and he didn't press charges. I am trying to pursue a JD degree, and can't have this on my record. I can't afford an attorney. I am so nervous and don't know what to do. He was also cheating on me, and we were going to be married. He's trying to hurt me because I wouldn't let him move in with me and my daughter. How do I fight this? Also, I pressed charges against him a month after that for causing bodily injury.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Distraught-N-TX said:
Texas

I have a simple assault charge pending for hitting my baby's father in public. It is my first offense, and he didn't press charges. I am trying to pursue a JD degree, and can't have this on my record. I can't afford an attorney. How do I fight this?
**A: wow, you'd make a perfect attorney.

D

Distraught-N-TX

You know what! I asked for advice not judgment. I don't need that right now, especially not from someone who apparently has no life because you obviously make a career out of this. And for your information I would make a great attorney. I've been told that by a lot of people as well as my professors. Thank you.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Distraught-N-TX said:
You know what! I asked for advice not judgment. I don't need that right now, especially not from someone who apparently has no life because you obviously make a career out of this.

**A: ok, sorry. I take that back; you'd make a teriible attorney.

And for your information I would make a great attorney. I've been told that by a lot of people as well as my professors. Thank you.

**A: but has anyone told you to get married before having sex and that your life is full of domestic violence?

D

Distraught-N-TX

Have you ever thought that maybe you are sick and you're probably on here 24/7 because you can't get sex? If you want to fight with people go to a teenage forum, cause that's not why I'm here. just don't be a perv. Do not reply to me again.

HomeGuru

Distraught-N-TX said:
Have you ever thought that maybe you are sick and you're probably on here 24/7 because you can't get sex? If you want to fight with people go to a teenage forum, cause that's not why I'm here. just don't be a perv. Do not reply to me again.
**A: Boy, you are really distraught.

D

Distraught-N-TX

Let me just set you straight right quick. You shouldn't be trying to be anyone's judge or talk crazy to people, especially people that you don't even know, cause you never know what someone is going through. Me and my baby's father were together 4 years before I broke up with him for cheating. My daughter is 2. We never fought before. A good friend of mine just lost her brother last Sunday over **** pretty similar to my situation. Her baby's father killed her brother. You think that **** is funny? That was a wake-up call for me and my friend. I work full time, go to school full time, and am a full time mom. My baby's father doesn't want to be a dad to my child unless I'm with him. On another note, people everywhere are going through things much worse, so you think twice before you say anything negative.

HomeGuru

I guess I am old fashioned but you were never married correct? And you have a child correct? I guess all the teachings that I learned in school and church were full of crap then.

D

Distraught-N-TX

I guess you can go straight to Hell then, because you are a hypocrite. You are not God, you have no right to judge anyone. And by the sound of it your life is all out of whack.

ellencee

D-N-T
'judge not' in the Bible has to do with "you can go straight to Hell" and not with "you were never married correct? And you have a child correct?"

You know, when Ted Bundy was finally captured, incarcerated, prevented from escape, and then executed, in his last court appearance for the serial rapes and murders of innocent, young, women, he represented himself and the judge told him he would have made a great attorney, if he had chosen to live a decent life instead of being a monster.

I think the same applies to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">