• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorised use of address & phone#

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bejiou

What is the name of your state? Illinois

someone is using my address and phone # with out my permision. what can i do?

B

Bejiou

she is using it to register her car and to get a p.o. box. I have recieved parking tickets and letters from atorneys. plus she is also using my phone #. this all started about 4 years ago with a call for her from the police about a stolen car. i told them back then that she does not, has not and never has lived here. the fact that she is using my address and phone # is scary. what else is she using it for that will effect my home. i just need to know what to do to protect my family from this? who do i inform of this situation? how can i get her to stop?

JETX

With that clarification, you need to contact the state DMV and let them know that someone has fraudulently used your name and address in an auto registration. Depending on state laws, that is often a felony.

If she has used it for a P.O. Box, contact the box owner and let them know of the fraudulent use also.

With her doing that, it is obvious that you should get copies of all three credit files and review them for improper accounts and access. You might also consider contacting all three Credit Reporting Agencies and asking them to put a "Fraud Alert" in your files.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">