• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kids and violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mnykds04

British Columbia

My children are living with their father. It was only to be temporary. The kids have told me that they have seen their father hitting his girlfriend. They think it is okay. We are going through a custody battle. I have Joint Custody and Joint Guardienship. He has temporary day-to-day care. I want my children out of his home and back with me. What do I do?

usmcfamily

Well, it would appear from your post that this is a case in the Canadian system so we are not going to be able to give you legal advice because this site deals in US law. Without knowing what is procedure in Canadian court I can't tell you how to go about getting that information introduced into your case but I will say you need to find an attorney there who can help you because that is not a good environment for the children -- many times abuse may start as being towards only one person (in this case his g/f) but will soon spread to other victims in the house (your children!) and even if he never touches them the fact that they are growing up thinking that it is okay is very scary!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">