• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pennsylvania prison parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pamela vandi

What is the name of your state? louisiana

The following article appeared in the 8-5-03 Baton Rouge Advocate on page 2. I am not posting a link because some links don't last.

Headline: Girl, 3, found locked in car trunk

Huntingdon, Pa.-- A woman who locked her 3-year-old daughter in the trunk of a car while she visited her husband in prison has been charged with endangerment.

Tammy Denise Swittenburg-Edwards, 31, was arrested Saturday at a state prison about 95 miles east of Pittsburgh after prison guards heard crying and yelling from the vehicle and found the girl in the trunk, State Police said.

Swittenburg-Edwards apparently locked her in after prison officials refused the child's entry because she wasn't on a visitor's list, state police said.

The girl was in the trunk for about 40 minutes while Swittenburg-Edwards visited her husband, state police said. The child wasn't injured.

Swittenburg-Edwards was charged with attempted aggravated assault and endangerment, and is being held in the Huntingdon County Prison. The girl was turned over to child welfare officials.

A

Allechia

We live in such a terrible world. This type of thing makes me want to hold my children a little bit tighter at night...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">