• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Answer Now!!

• Thread starter joshslilbabigrl
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joshslilbabigrl

I live in West Virginia and I have a question about Video and Audio privacy. Is it legal for someone of your own household and family to (without your consent or without you knowing) put audio tapes and record you or to put some kind of hidden vcr in and record you, kind of a survelliance camera. I really need to know if this is legal and if this happens, is it possible for these sources to be used in a court of law, considering the fact you did not give consent and had no idea this was going on. Thank You, Respond quickly please!!

J

joshslilbabigrl

But wat I am talking about is not for a security measure, would this footage or audio be allowed to be used in a court of law.. and if you can answer this, what all does security measures include, give me some examples Please~! I really need to know this information!

JETX

Damn, you are awfully DEMANDING of a free advice forum, aren't you??
That, in itself, is sufficient reason for senior members to move on to other, more appreciative writers. As I am doing now.

J

joshslilbabigrl

Im not being demanding, the information Im asking for Is really important and Im not just wondering about it I need to know it. I have some real issues and Im looking for answers. If you can give me some opinions or answers please do so, Im not trying to be demanding and I apologize if anyone thought so.

JETX

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, even though you sounded pretty demaning when you said:
"Need Answer Now!!"

"Is it legal for someone of your own household and family to (without your consent or without you knowing) put audio tapes and record you or to put some kind of hidden vcr in and record you, kind of a survelliance camera."
***Generally, there is nothing to prohibit a person recording in his/her own premises. However, a specific answer would largely depend on the reason for the recordings and their intent.

For example:
- If there was thought to be a criminal act being done and the recording was done to capture the suspect, it would be legal and the recording could be admissable.
- If the recording was done of a shower area with the intent to 'catch' someone, then that would be inappropriate and would not be admissable in court.

"I really need to know if this is legal and if this happens, is it possible for these sources to be used in a court of law, considering the fact you did not give consent and had no idea this was going on."
*** Again, that would also be continent on the purose of the recording.

Questions:
1) Who recorded?
2) What type of recording (audio, video, still)?
3) Age of subjects?
4) Where was it recorded?
5) Who was recorded?
6) What was recorded?
7) Why are you concerned as to its admissability in a court?

B

BB_Wolfe

My guess is that little "sandi" is under 15 and the guy who boinked her on the family's couch is over 20.

I further guess that the 'boinker' is sitting in jail right now.

Am I right???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Funny, my thoughts went a totally different way. I was thinking about a workers comp carrier checking to see if she was really disabled or not. But then, I'm an employment law person.

B

BB_Wolfe

cbg said:
Funny, my thoughts went a totally different way. I was thinking about a workers comp carrier checking to see if she was really disabled or not. But then, I'm an employment law person.
Somehow I don't think the insurance companies are THAT concerned about catching someone. The OP said it was in her house.

Of course, she could be wearing a foil hat AS WE SPEAK.

(Yes, I AM the CIA, and I AM watching YOU.)

J

joshslilbabigrl

No actually this is more serious than wat u realize.. yes actually I am 15 and this is no taking money out of mommy purse deal. I suspect my father audio taping me and my family because he knows my mother wants a divorce and he has threatened to try to prove my mother is insane or crazy so she will b a proven unfit mother so he can have custody of us kids so he wont have to pay child support. Thats why Im worried if its legal to audio tape someone without them knowing and use it in court.. like to prove something, no my mother is not crazy, my father is the crazy one. This is why im wondering if its possible for him to record us on audio tape without us knowing.

HomeGuru

joshslilbabigrl said:
No actually this is more serious than wat u realize.. yes actually I am 15 and this is no taking money out of mommy purse deal. I suspect my father audio taping me and my family because he knows my mother wants a divorce and he has threatened to try to prove my mother is insane or crazy so she will b a proven unfit mother so he can have custody of us kids so he wont have to pay child support. Thats why Im worried if its legal to audio tape someone without them knowing and use it in court.. like to prove something, no my mother is not crazy, my father is the crazy one. This is why im wondering if its possible for him to record us on audio tape without us knowing.
**A: why aren't you in summer school taking spelling and grammar classes?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">