• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

serving time in a different state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dferraro

What is the name of your state? VT

i have been charged with a crime in VT, but don't live there. i live in ny. if i am found guilty and sentenced, can i serve time in a ny jail? lizzie grubman served time in a different county than the one she was arrested in.

racer72

The state of New York does not want you in their jails, Vermont does. That is where you will do your time if convicted. And who in the hell is Lizzie Grubman?

Lizzie Grubman was a publicist that backed into a bunch of (about a dozen people or so ) in her daddy's SUV, I think she screamed something like "white trash" before she did it. she got something like 30 some odd years(or days..I don't remember correctly) in prison,community service and probation...I visited the web site some time ago..I think it was labeled something like "FU WHITE TRASH"..and had a countdown of sorts to her days on probation, or until she is "free of all consequences of her crime" ( wreckless endangerment and manslaughter .....I think)

It was awhile back so I may not remember correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">