• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

screwed!?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cody l.

My daughter lives in California right now, but was in Texas with me for a few days. She is six years old and likes to play barbies, we play as much as possible. While we were playing she decided that ken and barbie were going to get a divorce. I went along with it and asked her what the reason was going to be. She said, "The same reason you and mommy did, because you lied so much". I erupted, not only is that the wrong reason, but to even say that to my daughter is uncalled for. She cheated on me several times, once with my best friend and the other, with whom she is now married. I did not know what to do, but assured my daughter that that wasn't the reason. I have no plans at all on ever telling her the real reason, but something has got to be done about this. I have been reading a lot about child brainwashing and parental alienation syndrome and do belive this could be happening. Please help.

grooviestmom

Talk to your ex-wife. Even if you don't get along, you need to communicate about this. What she is doing is reducing your child's love and affection for you. Once this child is older, if she has been raised properly, she will find it hard to respect someone who lied and hurt her mother. So, if that is how your ex is painting you, stop it now. I think you should try and talk to her. Reminding her that poisining the mind of a child with adult problems is a form of emotional abuse. If the child asks why you divorced, try saying something about falling out of love or not getting along. When she is older, maybe she can know the truth. At 6 years of age, it is insane. If she doesn't respond well, write her a letter. Be very civil and almost technical. Let your ec know that she is impeding your dauhgter's love and respect for you with false stories. Request that she stop speaking badly about you to your daughter. And remind her that this child is so young. If she continues, I would talk to a lawyer. I know that in my husband's divorce agreement there is a stipulation stating that neither party can do this. It has luckily never been a problem. GOOD LUCK!

S

shanz

Hey cody ! I know what your going through ! My husband left me for another womean. We met when I was 16 and married when I was 19. Last year he decided to have an affair and I left him, the trust was gone.. He ended up marrying this other woman and continues to tell my children that it was my fault because I was the one who cheated. Hang in ther! Your doing the right thing by not slamming her mother. My advice to you would be to keep being the best daddy that you can be and let her grow up and see the truth for herself ! Eventually she will see without you even telling her anything :0)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">