• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Document Tampering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Janet7

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin but Court proceedings were held in Texas

I believe that my ex switched divorce documents before or during divorce preceeding, with help of the attorney or on his own.

I faxed the signature page of my divorce decree to the attorney in Texas the day of my divorce in 1996 as I was not present for the proceeding.

I never received a signed/sealed document.

I have been trying to go after ex who has now become a deadbeat. Wisconsin needed a copy of the signed/sealed document from Texas (which I had to pay for).

When the document arrived I put it side by side with the one I signed. It was not the same document. The page I faxed had the page number changed and was stapled to a completely different document.

The original that I signed determined child support in the amount of $1500 per month.

The official document that I never saw before claimed support to be in the amount of $500 along with some other changes.

How could something like this have happened? I would like to get to the bottom of this crime.

Thank you in advance for a reply.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

. . . and, when you called the "attorney", what did the attorney say to you about this?

. . . and, when you received a copy of the court file, what did the court's "Minute Order" say about this?

IAAL

Janet7

The attorney (we shared an attorney but technically she represented me) assured me she didn't remember the case and was very defensive. She told me I should talk with my ex husband. She could not help me as she is now with another firm and working in bancruptcy law.

She felt that I was accusing her (seems to me she'd be the only person that would have access to documents, including her own fax machine).

Also, how would a different document just "show up on the scene" unless someone requested and typed it.

As far as the minutes, I believe they are blacked out on the bottom of each page of the signed/sealed document.

Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Janet7 said:

As far as the minutes, I believe they are blacked out on the bottom of each page of the signed/sealed document.

==================================

My response:

What is this "I believe" crap?

Either you have certified copies of all the papers in your court file, or you don't.

If you want help, get the court file. Then, review the documents, and then come back here. I don't have the time or the patience to play "I believe" guessing games.

IAAL

Janet7

I am told by the clerk that the only other paper besides the sign/sealed document is a form about my ex's retirement fund. There are no minutes or any other paperwork.

Is this typical that there is no other paper work in the court file?

Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Janet7 said:
I am told by the clerk that the only other paper besides the sign/sealed document is a form about my ex's retirement fund. There are no minutes or any other paperwork.

Is this typical that there is no other paper work in the court file?

Thank you.

My response:

Why do you keep coming back here when you don't have certified copies of your entire court file in your hands?

Are you having a comprehension problem?

IAAL

Janet7

IAAL

Thank you for your reply.

I have requested my file.

I reached the head of the Texas Justice System and he had me send him both copies of the document to look over and advise.

I had to "knock" on many doors. Hopefully I will get to the bottom of the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">