• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dogs got out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spanky323

Hi, I'm a college student in California. I got a ticket today for my roomates dogs being outside without a leash and for not being licensed. I received the ticket this morning because my roomates let the dogs in the backyard and they escaped and wondered off. Animal Control came by and rounded up the dogs and gave me a ticket because my roomates were not home to be held responsible. He said as long as I'm an adult and live at the place that I am held responsible. My arguement to paying the ticket is that legally I do not live at the place because my name is not on the lease. Do I have a case to fight this in court?

Son of Slam

spanky323 said:
Hi, I'm a college student in California. I got a ticket today for my roomates dogs being outside without a leash and for not being licensed. I received the ticket this morning because my roomates let the dogs in the backyard and they escaped and wondered off. Animal Control came by and rounded up the dogs and gave me a ticket because my roomates were not home to be held responsible. He said as long as I'm an adult and live at the place that I am held responsible. My arguement to paying the ticket is that legally I do not live at the place because my name is not on the lease. Do I have a case to fight this in court?

sure

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">