• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking the Govt. to court for violating my religous and personal rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mlar

How would one take the united states Govt. to court for violating their religious and personal rights by not allowing them to cultivate Cannabis in their own home?

L

loocpoc

mlar said:
How would one take the united states Govt. to court for violating their religious and personal rights by not allowing them to cultivate Cannabis in their own home?
Go to your local US District court and file the suit. As soon as you get to the hearing and the magistrate or district justice looks at it, it will be thrown out because your a moron. You will also most likely have a visit from your local DEA office (mainly to see if your religious rights are not being violated) and your local police department.

JETX

First, you would need to sell all your cannibis, just to be able to pay your lawyer for your lawsuit.
Then, you would get busted for 'possession and cultivation with intent to distribute'. Then, you would have to grow more to pay the lawyer to defend that charge... then another charge..... and another lawyer..... adnausium.

M

mlar

Why reply if you have nothing of importance to say?

Maybe you should take up a hobby and make better use of your free time.

This information is for a report that I am writing.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mlar said:
This information is for a report that I am writing.

===================================

My response:

Oh, so you're writing a report. Why didn't you say that from the beginning? Were you afraid that other people, like us, would tell you that we don't do other people's homework?

Well, guess what?

We don't do other people's homework.

IAAL

D

DogToenails

You must have the same professor I have. Since you're asking for help, I guess I'll do the same (two stoned birds with one....uh...whatever). Anyway, I'm studying Constitutional Law and I've run across a difficult exam question:

"One of your drug-addict clients has his trailer raided by local authorities and homegrown weed is found by the bushel. Suprisingly, the DA has put and offer on the table to reduce the charge to felony possession with 3 years jail time (one suspended) even though the client is a 3 time loser with one prior being a felony. He urge him to accept the deal, but he refuses. He wants to claim he belongs to this religious cult that worships narcotics and views sobriety as the anti-Christ. You know deep down the defendent is giving you a frivilous claim and has no chance in hell to win. The question is: How much would you bill him per hour?"

Any help is appreciated.

abezon

DogToenails said:
You must have the same professor I have. Since you're asking for help, I guess I'll do the same (two stoned birds with one....uh...whatever). Anyway, I'm studying Constitutional Law and I've run across a difficult exam question:

"One of your drug-addict clients has his trailer raided by local authorities and homegrown weed is found by the bushel. Suprisingly, the DA has put and offer on the table to reduce the charge to felony possession with 3 years jail time (one suspended) even though the client is a 3 time loser with one prior being a felony. He urge him to accept the deal, but he refuses. He wants to claim he belongs to this religious cult that worships narcotics and views sobriety as the anti-Christ. You know deep down the defendent is giving you a frivilous claim and has no chance in hell to win. The question is: How much would you bill him per hour?"

Any help is appreciated.

ROFL! It doesn't matter how much you bill him! This issue is dead. If you file this frivilous claim, the court is gonna hit you with Rule 11 sanctions equal to your total fee + $1,000. Then the DEA is going to sieze your bank account because it contains drug proceeds. And you'll have to pay a lawyer thousands to show that you didn't know for sure he paid you with drug money so you should get to keep it at least long enough to pay the sanctions. Either convince C to take the deal, try to suppress the search if you have some hope of doing so, or withdraw from the case. This was really an ethics question, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">