• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parental kidnapping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arleekeri

I live in seattle, wa and my ex lives in oregon. we were never married and now have been broke up for over 2 years. we have a 6 year old boy together who lives with me-mom. which at the time of the brake up my ex didnt want anything to do with me or his son any more. so therefor i never got anything legal establishing the custody of our son. i did however get a perternity order for child support but that is all that was done legally. i let my ex visit our son for 1 week at my cousins house here in seattle,wa but during that visit MY EX took off out of state with my son. since then i got full custody of my son and i also found out that my ex took my son to oregon and i also found and address of where at. BUT HOW DO I GET HIM BACK?? THE POLICE IN OREGON TOLD ME I NEED TO GET A WARRENT ISSUED FROM MY STATE OF WASH. TO ARREST HIM FOR COSTODIAL INTERFERANCE BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!!!!!!!CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET A WARRENT FOR THIS REASON. OR IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO TO GET MY SON ???????
ANY REPLIES WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
THANK-YOU.......

------------------

H

HAPPY AT LAST

I'm sorry to hear about you horrible ordeal.You must contact the Police Department.I would personaly go there.If you have legal documents that say you have full custody, bring them with you. Dont waist any time. Tell them you need a police report that is labled CUSTODIAL INTERFERENCE. And that you need a warrent put out for his arrest. See if they can send a teletype over to the State where he took him. That State might need some assistance. I have been through this horrible situation myself. I got my kids in the end but it took 3 years. Please go today.The sooner you start this the sooner you will have your son.Good luck

J

jlm

The court that awarded you full custody can probably also be of help in getting the warrant issued for the arrest of the father. Under most state laws it is illegal for the non-custodial parent to cross state lines with the children without the express (and usually written) permission of either the court or the custodial parent. Get on this right away! If you don't have copies of the court orders, you can obtain copies at the court house.

A

arleekeri

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HAPPY AT LAST:
I'm sorry to hear about you horrible ordeal.You must contact the Police Department.I would personaly go there.If you have legal documents that say you have full custody, bring them with you. Dont waist any time. Tell them you need a police report that is labled CUSTODIAL INTERFERENCE. And that you need a warrent put out for his arrest. See if they can send a teletype over to the State where he took him. That State might need some assistance. I have been through this horrible situation myself. I got my kids in the end but it took 3 years. Please go today.The sooner you start this the sooner you will have your son.Good luck<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To Happy at Last- Thank you so much for your reply!!! And I did get a police report that is titled CUSTODIAL INTERFERANCE 1ST DEGREE.
but it seems that I have to wait for the prosecuter in this case to issue a warrent. Because I did show all my papers of custody to the police dept here were I live and the police dept told me that after the case is investigated by the detective in this case then it is sent to the prosecuter for placment of the criminal charges. So I guess all I can do is wait.... but it doesnt make any sense to me??????? Why did it take 3 years for you to get your kids back? What state are you in? and were your kids tooken out of state too??? Im so happy for you that you finally got them back!!!! but did you and your kids have a hard time after you all were back together??? Im asking because Im very worried about my sons mental health of going through all of this crap! and Im scared that maybe he might start forgetting me or maybe be mad at me or something terrible like that. Is that what was going through your mind too during the 3 years? My sons father that took him hasnt even tried to call me. So its been over 2 months now since I even spoke to my son. well thanks again for the reply and please keep in touch I appriciate your responses very much..... Sometimes I feel like Im the only one who is going through this, so its nice to have someone else to talk to who can "relate". well talk again I hope...

------------------

Today- Today- Today- call The NCMEC- Nat'l Center for Missing and Exploited Children-
You're not on the 'phone yet??
call a local police station- they have the 800 number to NCMEC

My own problem was not resolved for the past 6 years, ex-WIFE aided by military in the abduction-she was active-duty-.
It's the worst thing for a parent to put a child through, Prayers for you, and your child.Kd

A

arleekeri

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jlm:
The court that awarded you full custody can probably also be of help in getting the warrant issued for the arrest of the father. Under most state laws it is illegal for the non-custodial parent to cross state lines with the children without the express (and usually written) permission of either the court or the custodial parent. Get on this right away! If you don't have copies of the court orders, you can obtain copies at the court house. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To JLM- Thank you very much for your reply on this matter!!!! And im sure your right! I just dont know what the laws are in my state of washington.the dectective on my case told me that if the father is hiding or conceling my son from me, then criminal charges can be filed,and along with that a warrent too. the dectective told me that it has to be investigated and proved, which that isnt hard to do-thats very ovious. and as of this point in time, I was told that its going to the prosecuters office for the placment of the charges. But ive been waiting for weeks and it still hasnt even been sent to the prosecuters yet!!!!!. I was told that only the prosecuter can issue a warrent to arrest him. But its been over 2 months since Ive spoke to my son and Im worried that he might forget me or maybe be brainwashed by his father and be mad at me. So im getting very inpatient!!! Thank-you again for your response and I look forward to hearing from you again!!!!!!I appreciate it alot...

------------------

A

arleekeri

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 16952:
Today- Today- Today- call The NCMEC- Nat'l Center for Missing and Exploited Children-
You're not on the 'phone yet??
call a local police station- they have the 800 number to NCMEC

My own problem was not resolved for the past 6 years, ex-WIFE aided by military in the abduction-she was active-duty-.
It's the worst thing for a parent to put a child through, Prayers for you, and your child.Kd
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your reply!!! Sorry to hear about you situation too!!! I did call the NCMEC and I just recieved my packet in the mail from them on friday. so this week ill be mailing it back in to them. So did you get your child back yet?? Best wishes to you too . From : Keri

------------------

No, I have'nt gotten the baby back, :( after so much, after so, so much pain.
She's eight now, won't remember me. Can't figure why such beautiful kids have to be in the middle.
Does he have family in Oregon? Walmart posts missing kids at the front door, 800,000
kids go missing every year, You are not alone. Prayers and thoughts for you and your baby- KD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">