• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation of mutual restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rmpro8569

What is the name of your state? ri i have a mutual restraining order granted on may 9 of this year. i am the plaintiff and the defendant will not leave me alone. on june 6 she put her arms around me and called me a bleeping witch. i called the local police department to report this and i have a copy of the report and they told me i had to go to court and file a contempt of complaint report. on aug 11 i was on my way home in my vehicle and the defendant followed me closely almost in my trunk if i had stopped short for a mile or so to my friends house and then pulled up beside me and said let's talk i want to talk to you. i said no i have a restraining order against you and then drove off. this women was intoxicated and scares the life out me when she is in this condition. i then called the local police department and filed a complaint. i also have a 13 year old witness who saw this women stopped in front of his mother's house. my question is do i have enough to take this woman back to court for violating the mutual restraining order?

B

BB_Wolfe

I bet we could get a whole weeks worth of COPS episodes by spending 10 minutes with you.

R

rmpro8569

Yeah I know this souds petty but I'm really serious. This woman is why out of control when she drinks. She currently has 2 dv charges against her and is on probation for one year. She may treat her husband like this but she won't do it to me.......

B

BB_Wolfe

Translation of my previous post for our redneck friend.

You are hillbilly, she is hillbilly, so do us all a favor and stay in the mountains where are.

You can't do a thing to her, ignore her. Find new friends. This isn't a legal issue, it's an issue of two ****lng pansies not getting along.

Now go home.

R

rmpro8569

First and foremost I'm not a redneck or a hillbilly nor do I live in the mountains. I guess you don't know your geography. I'm a Yankee and when you have a restraining order which I have it does not give anyone the right to harass or interfere with your daily activities. I don't know where you live but you better stop chillin and get with reality and look at a map so you can find ri.

No one has a right to put there hands on another person........

B

BB_Wolfe

As you can see, you don't have a leg to stand on, get on with your life.

A

Allechia

I am really sorry for the ignorant person who responded to you...my understanding of this site is that you are asking for advise not criticism.

From what I know about restraining orders is that if they are violated then you have the right to take them back before the judge. You must have everything documented and any one who may have witnessed this must also be present at the hearing. There can be no hearsay or letters from witnesses, they must be present.

If you are in fear for your life, then you have a serious issue that needs to be dealt with, not ignored.

I hope this helps you.

Allechia

R

rmpro8569

Thank you for responding to my question. I am headed to the courthouse first thing tomorrow morning. I was so afraid the other night I thought she was going to run me off the road or hit me with something. I guess she will just have to go in front of the judge and pay the price for violating the order.

A

Allechia

I am glad that you are standing up for yourself....Please let me know how things turn out...

You can email me at [email protected] if you would like...

Allechia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">