• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toro065

What is the name of your state? Irving, Texas

Ok I recently got a ticket for going 68 in a 30mph zone. Well here is my question. If i was to get this to a lawer, what are the chances this will be droped?

Beth3

None. You were going more than twice the legal limit and probably in a residential area. Why on earth would the charges be dropped???

racer72

Take your money. And in the future, please post only once, you don't need to ask the same question in different forums.

Beth3

An attorney *might* be able to get the fine reduced and/or the number of points against your license reduced. But that's a big maybe. We don't know anything about your prior driving record and what mood the judge will be in that day.

D

DogToenails

In my state you would also be slapped with an automatic reckless driving charge.

Just curious, what is your defense?

T

toro065

sorry about the double post, didnt see it till later.

About my record, I have a clean record, this will be my 1st and im 22 years old.

V

v_day_baby

toro,
i do not know about your state, but in RI on your first speeding offense you can go to court and use the "good driver" defense. The ticket is dropped and you only have to pay court fines. However, it does go on your record as your defense so you can only use this plea once.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">