• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appealing a RO order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MLHT

What is the name of your state? California

How many days and how do I go about filing an appeal on a restraining order that was granted against me? I am able to obtain new evidence that I did not have in court to prove that the plaintiff lied.

Also, the plaintiff stated that I made harassing phone calls and e-mails to him. He stated to the court that he put a tap on his phone but never showed the court any of the phone numbers captured. I would like to force him to show this to the court to prove that I did not make these calls nor were they placed anywhere remotely near where I live or work. Also, the e-mails he stated I sent he didn't show any IP addresses and I would also like to force him to show the IP addresses to once again prove that I did not send the e-mails.

I did not have an attorney in this case and should have asked for a continuance however; I was stunned when she stated she was going to grant it with only his testimony stating that I did these things and others.

This to me is now a moral issue and I would like to do any or all of the following if possible:

Appeal the RO
Get a RO against him (however, I know this may seem retaliatory)
Sue him for lying in court i.e., slander and/or Libel

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">