• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Must they be in uniform?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

What is the name of your state? Indiana.

Kind of settling a dispute. I got a new car on Friday and while coming home from a friends yesterday on a back country road yes I was "testing" it out. I got pulled over by a state police car. The officer wasn't in uniform but the first thing he did was show me his badge. He asked if I knew what he clocked me at. I was clocked at 81 in a 55. The officer took my lisence and that's all. He knew what I was doing and gave me a warning ticket. Someone told me today that because he wasn't in uniform he wasn't on duty and couldnt' of given me a ticket anyways. Is this true? Not that it really matters.. it slowed me down anyways.
TIA

racer72

A police officer can give you a ticket nude if they are so inclined. Their job doesn't stop just because the uniform came off. The officer could have been a detective and is not required to where a uniform when on duty.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

racer72 said:
A police officer can give you a ticket nude if they are so inclined. Their job doesn't stop just because the uniform came off. The officer could have been a detective and is not required to where a uniform when on duty.

My response:

"Where a uniform"? "Where a uniform"? C'mon, Racer!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">