• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BP Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Life Blows

What is the name of your state? Ohio

i really needed the money, so i began to steal from bp where i worked. when customers came to the counter with their stuff, i rang it up, took the money from them, and then when they left i canceled the transaction out and when it was time to close my drawer, i would keep that money aside for myself... My boss called me and told me that he had noticed that my drawer had been showing unbelievable amounts of cancellations, so he went back and watched the videos. it seems that every time i pressed the "transaction cancel" key, or the "delete item" key, it showed up on the camera (like a pop up). he then put 2 and 2 together and found me doing the crime. I went to talk to him as soon as i got back into town and he said that there was a store count 3 days later, and when it was done, i was to come back in and talk to him. i went in to talk to him (after the store count) and we went over the shortage of products in the store for that specific month. at this, he had me write a statement that stated what i did, and the amount that the shortage list came up as ($2358.68), and made me sign and date it. then he said that he was going to email his boss and see what his advice would be to do. (all the while saying that he was willing to allow me to pay it back and just forget about the whole thing.) When his boss contacted him, he called me and said that he wanted him to add up all of my cashier reports and come up with a real number and not just an estimate. he also said that his boss and bp security requires the amount to be paid in full... (no payments) so this is where i am left, i have no way possible to come up with that amount of money in the time frame that they will provide once my boss calls me back to let me know the real total. So this is where i ask for all of your legal advice... please don't call me stupid or dumb, because i know i am for committing the acts... im not proud of it, and now i am really sorry for doing it... im not just sorry i got caught though. im truly sorry for doing it.

Thank you,
Stupid BP employee

JETX

Okay, you are incredibly stupid and dumb!! We already know that. Now the real question becomes.... what the hell do you expect to get from this forum???

How about a dose of reality:
1) You are very likely going to be charged with the CRIME of theft. And not just 'normal' theft either. The amount you are talking about is a FELONY!!!

2) You will be arrested and have a criminal record for the rest of your life!!

3) If you are lucky, you might get probation. If not, you will get some prime Bubba time!!!

4) When this is all over.... you will very likely NOT get the job you want, or be able to vote, or be able to do a LOT of things.... because you will be a convicted felon!!

Now, how does all that feel??
I know..... that MTV show.... Reality Sucks!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">