• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State's Attorney Petitions for vacating my conditional disharge...HELP!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Souladelic

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Ok. During august of last year i was involved in a domestic battery. I was arrested, but let go the next day on a conditional disharge. I was court ordered to take domestic violence classes and was on conditional disharge for ayear which is up this month. However six months after that first incident i was arrested again for domestic battery. At the time I had not taken my anger managment classes from the first offence. I served 60 days in the county jail for the second one, and was released and ordered to take domestic violence classes. However this time, I have enrolled ine classes and continue to take them weekly. I had a status check on my classes today in court and before I left i had to sign a petition that the state's attorney had come up with. He was making a petition to vacate my conditional disharge from my first offence since it was now a year later and i still hadn't taken anger managment classes from the first case. I asked him what this meant and he said don't worry, just keep taking the classes i am enrolled in now. Is this something I should worry about? I'm due back in court on october 15th for my last status check and to face the judge about the petition the state's attorney came up with. I cannot go to jail. Should i hire a lawyer, will the fact that i am taking the classes now make any difference? Someone please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">