• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

why would police lie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hollyday21

What is the name of your state? colorado

had argument with husband. thru plates off table onto floor. husband not even in room when I do it. dish shatters and I got a tiny cut on leg. In anger I dial 911 for ambulance, but hang up thinking better of it. husband and I reconcile within minites. we are cleaning kitchen floor when officer walks in alone. no knock no announce. thinking he is there about my cut I tell him I am bleeding but okay(I am trained emt) no one is hurt I want to go upstairs to dress. I start upstars while husband is telling officer that all is well, no one hurt. officer follows me up stairs to bed room tells me to come down stairs. I say I want to dress. He shoves me and cuff's me. I screem as second officer enters house thru now open front door. first officer tells second that I an resisting. while cuffed and sitting on the stairs officer questions my son, who says that I got upset at dad and yelled and broke dishs but never saw me throw anything at dad. 2nd officer takes me to jail and 6 hours later they tell me I am under arrest for dv, harrasment, and 3rd degree assalt. they say I hurt my husband foot. they saw a 2 year old biking scar and assumed it was new. and never asked Husband about foot. husband meets da on bail day talks her into no restraining order and release on own recognacence. since then da reads police report that implys that my husband was hurt but is now recanting. he tried to meet with DA to show her foot but she was to swamped. there was no injurys, I never touched him AND if he was hurt why didn't officer have a medic look at him. da is now quite hostile and hates me because of the police report. da has added more charges The state against me. There goes my security clearance. Any advice?
im pleading not guilty and thinking jury.

JETX

Yeah, don't get so mad that you throw dishes.
That is what lead up to this entire thing, isn't it??

H

hollyday21

jetx

Dear jetx
Thanks for your insite. Anyone else?
voveo sopor.

3 men with small shoe sizes walk into a bar.......

stephenk

here is where you screwd up.

you dialed 911 then hang up. police are sent automatically because they dont know if you are injured or dying, etc.

when police arrive they obviously see what looks like the aftermath of a fight. just because you and your hubby say everything is okay at the moment, they still need to investigate what looks like a crime scene - broken dishes and your cut leg.

did you just walk upstairs on your own while the police were talking to you? big no no. The officer doesnt know where you are going or what you may be attempting to get. When he told you to return downstairs, instead of listening you decide to say no. How many times did he asked you to return downstairs?I am sure you werent talking calm, cool and collected. Now you are not complying. He detained you because you may be a threat to his safety.

since you werent in the room while hubby was talking to the police, you dont really know what he told them, despite what he may be telling you now.

you may want to start taking anger management courses while this is pending. hire an attorney.

H

hollyday21

stephenk-
thank you for your responce.
I did hear what hubby was saying to officer.what person in there right mind would leave the room if something bad was being said about them? i did not walk upstairs while being talked to. i was at top of stairs, at bedroom door when he called for me to come back down. i wasnt cool and calm i was barly dressed, just wanted cloths. but i never got any. i was tackled just after that. then taken away as is, and its cold in them thar hills. you are so right I did screw up by dialing 911. what was I thinking? lesson learned there. someone will have to need a hurst before i do that again. hired an atty yesterday. he said that police should not have entered house without permission. maybe officer is trying to cover up with regard to not knocking, no "exigent circumstances". even 2nd officer said that first shouldn't have entered. who new?
learn something new every day. 1st cops reports change each time he writes them. 3 so far. he tries to make me look worse and worse. lawyer told me not to take class's. fyi my atty is the ex-da. i sure hope he knows what he is talking about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">