• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Adoption - I want my birth records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spcjep

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was born and adopted in Utica, New York 33 years ago. New York seals adoption records. I have had cancer and would like to find my birth parents or at the very least get a health background on them. I have registered with the state registry.

Should I hire a lawyer and try to get the records? What would be a rough estimate of costs, time period and likelyhood of success? Are there other avenues to get these records?

Thanks,

JP

S

spcjep

I registered on 10/28/99 with the New York State Department of Health Adoption and Medical Information Registry. I did not know that there are/is a Sub-Registry(s). I received non-identifying info that was not much help and also conflicted with other information I had. Do I have to go to the court house to file or can I do that thru the mail?

Thanks,

JP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">