• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it a crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MrsHarding2U

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Is it considered a crime when a husband goes to his wife's savings account that is only in her name and withdraws all the funds. My husband has intercepted mail to my name and found a savings account that I was putting money in to prepare to leave him. He went to the bank and has somehow taken all the money from the account. Has he committed a crime or is he somehow entitled to this money as he is saying to me and anyone who asks him about it. HELP!

racer72

Yes he committed a crime, call the police immediately. Then go to the bank and ask why they let someone not authorized to withdraw funds access to your account.

HomeGuru

MrsHarding2U said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Is it considered a crime when a husband goes to his wife's savings account that is only in her name and withdraws all the funds. My husband has intercepted mail to my name and found a savings account that I was putting money in to prepare to leave him. He went to the bank and has somehow taken all the money from the account. Has he committed a crime or is he somehow entitled to this money as he is saying to me and anyone who asks him about it. HELP!
**A: and what did the bank manager say to you when you went in to his office and filed a written complaint? How much $$$ are we taling about anyway?

M

MrsHarding2U

Re: Re: Is it a crime

HomeGuru said:
**A: and what did the bank manager say to you when you went in to his office and filed a written complaint? How much $$$ are we taling about anyway?

I just discovered this on Saturday afternoon so i have not had a chance to go to the bank manager as of yet. We are talking about roughly $2700.00 as of the last bank statement I have.

K

kerchi

I work at a bank, and I could be wrong but...if the bank let someone who was not an authorized signer on your account withdraw funds then it is the bank's duty to put that money back into your account. And then in turn, the bank would go after your husband to recover the funds that the BANK lost. And the person who took his withdrawal slip would also be in deep "you know what" as far as their job is concerned.

JETX

Kerchi is correct. The bank has a 'fiduciary' responsibility to protect your funds from improper access. If they fail in that, they are liable for the funds that were improperly withdrawn.

A

Amy Lindquist

:confused: Hey careful partner-I come from a family of 10 and we're all "light complected".We ALL have at least a BS and a few are PhD's- in chemestry. - We'll all be grey soon so who cares- right?
Truth

K

kerchi

Hey careful partner-I come from a family of 10 and we're all "light complected".We ALL have at least a BS and a few are PhD's- in chemestry. - We'll all be grey soon so who cares- right?
Huh?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">