• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Assault Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

txmom5032

What is the name of your state? Texas
Another student falsely accused my child of slapping her at school.While there was some foul language, no physical contact happened. The school and the police investigated and found no witnesses to an assault, but the city attorney has the case and we have to go to a pre jury hearing and present our motions. At the plea hearing I attempted to get the case sent to "Teen Court" and was denied, then asked for the court to appoint an attorney, but was told by the judge that this was a "fine only" charge and no attorney would be appointed.
I will try to get the charged dropped, but I'm preparing a witness list and my one "motion" to dismiss due to lack of evidence.
Any suggestions for other motions?
The accuser is telling everyone who will listen about how she got "so and so" in trouble with the law when nothng really happened. She filed a false affidavit. Can we bring charges against her or receive compensation for my time of of work for this? Thanks.

JETX

"Can we bring charges against her"
*** Generally, no. How old is the complainant??

"or receive compensation for my time of of work for this?"
*** No.

T

txmom5032

The kids involved are 15-16 yrs old.
What kind of motions should I present to the court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">