• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

muder case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brendakay

What is the name of your state? indiana
my nephew is charged with murder and is incarerated while awaiting trial and he was told he has no civil rights(ie) to see his minister. the jail would not let the minister in to see him.is this correct? also is there an attorney who would do a pro-bono case for him?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

brendakay said:
What is the name of your state? indiana
my nephew is charged with murder and is incarerated while awaiting trial and he was told he has no civil rights(ie) to see his minister. the jail would not let the minister in to see him.is this correct? also is there an attorney who would do a pro-bono case for him?

My response:

The only time he'll be able to see a minister is when he's taking that final, slow, walk down that dimly lit aisle. The door will open and he'll be strapped down to a gurney with his arms outstretched. Then, the death chanber curtains will be opened to expose him to all, and where the family members of his victim will watch as the chemicals slowly creep into his veins, until his final breath is taken.

For whom the bell tolls? The bell tolls for thee!

IAAL

B

BB_Wolfe

Wow IAAL, that was the harshest, and funniest, post all day!

It amazes me that people who are going upstate for murder only think about having a minister there, kind of makes you think... They did it??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

BB_Wolfe said:
Wow IAAL, that was the harshest, and funniest, post all day!

It amazes me that people who are going upstate for murder only think about having a minister there, kind of makes you think... They did it??

My response:

Harsh? No, my friend. It's a distinct possibility of our writer's nephew's future.

We, as citizens, have continuously voted in favor of the "Death Penalty", and are the ONLY nation in the Western Hemisphere that has the death penalty.

So, since the vast majority of Americans approve of the Death Penalty for murder, then why is my response "harsh"?

I'm only reminding our writer of what this country has favored for years, and years. The only difference is that the "reality" is now knocking at our writer's front door.

IAAL

B

BB_Wolfe

IAAL,

Don't misinterpret my 'harsh' to reflect my opinion the penalty for murder.

I meant that your was really blunt and to the point. (and accurate!)

It's sad that the only people who decry the death penalty are the ones about to take a needle in their vein!

calatty

Pro bono murder defense? Donate years of my time to an accused murderer when his own familiy does not care enough about him to donate the money for his defense? Why do people expect attorneys to work for free, especially criminal attorneys? Would you ask a mechanic to fix your car pro bono or an electrician to rewire your house pro bono?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

smorr said:
He's in jail for murder and now he's thinking about God???!!!

====================================

My response:

Well, of course! That's what they all do! Murderers have nothing else to think about - - that and their own mortality. Their mortality usually ends when the chemicals start coursing through their veins - - then it's "lights out".

IAAL

B

brendakay

civil rights

thanks for your response but i really just wanted to know if my family member has civil rights. he has not just recently turned to GOD , he has had him in his life for a long time. i must also add that this was an accidental shooting even though the results are the same. i do believe in the death penalty even if it is a family member. i do not condone his actions. i read that pro-bono was not free help but help at a reduced cost. by some of the responses i thought that your attorney would represent you to the fullest no matter the crime but i see i was wrong!!! what happened to being innocent until found guilty, any more you are guilty until found innocent.:mad:

smorr

Everyone has civil rights, Brenda - sometimes you have to work hard to find them - and if it was an accidental shooting, I wouldn't be so eager to vote in the death penalty here. Also... pro-bono IS free - I've had a couple attorneys I worked for appear on my behalf pro-bono - there was no bill to pay. If you're talking about a court appointed attorney - remember - they get paid by the STATE, not the individual - so they're not inclined to push too hard for someone who's been accused of murder - whether accidental or not. They don't make the big bucks a private attorney would - and if it is a private attorney representing your brother - fire him and get someone else!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: civil rights

brendakay said:
he has not just recently turned to GOD , he has had him in his life for a long time.

MY RESPONSE: Yes, at least since the murder took place.

i must also add that this was an accidental shooting even though the results are the same. i do not condone his actions.

MY RESPONSE: If it was truly accidental, as you say, then what's to condone or not condone? With that statement of yours, apparently not even YOU fully believe that it was "accidental".

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Auntie. I didn't mean to shoot that kid. I was really aiming for that other guy!"

What a bunch of bullcrap. Your nephew is going to "fry"!

IAAL

smorr

i must also add that this was an accidental shooting even though the results are the same. i do not condone his actions.

MY RESPONSE: If it was truly accidental, as you say, then what's to condone or not condone? With that statement of yours, apparently not even YOU fully believe that it was "accidental".

-------------

I erred on the last response BK - didn't see it was your nephew (I said brother). Oh well

And in further response to IAAL's above: DITTO!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">