• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whose Hands Would Bare My Son's Blood?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justicespoon

What is the name of your state? Califronia
Yes same guy that is being silenced by the feds! But This was my first and most bitter tast of our judicial system. Does my boy have rights case here? Notice his unanswered pleas to the judge in this case.
I'm an adult who was a PAS child so I know to a degree what my son's going through and how he feels or at least I did until he went Severe. And I mean Journal of Psychology Severe. Just to give you a feel for how vicious my ex-wife could be, she left me while I was out of state pulling the plug on my dying father. I found this out immediately after the funeral, when I attempted to get gas using my credit card it was denied and I was told to call the card company and when I did they informed me that she had closed all my cards. Needless to say she didn't send flowers. The alienation began upon my return; she refused visits with my son until she heard what the courts had to say. So one day I get a pass at his school and brought some burger king, anyway when I walk in the classroom he turned white and began yelling "call my mom, call my mom, he's gonna kidnap me! He finally settled down and we had lunch and he had me throw out his packed lunch so that they wouldn't know. In my response to the divorce I very clearly warn the court that she was going to attempt to split Andrew and I and of course in no way did they acknowledge this concern. However they spare no expense in having me jump through hoops to prove I wasn't a drug, addict/alcoholic.
Instead the family courts mediator note a disturbing connection between my wife and my sons thoughts and feeling. So because they didn't believe the results proving my innocence, they order a custody evaluation/ It was to take three months to complete but takes a year the whole time having twelve hours a week visitation and the relationship drifting away. Finally after nearly a year and a half from the start of the divorce the custody evaluation was complete, but not until the last minute my attorney did get a copy until a couple days before the hearing. It was twenty-eight pages of psychoanalysis for the three of us, and four pages summarizing observations and then final recommendations. My attorney told me it was favorable finding the abuse allegations were unfounded and recommend normalized visitation, so I felt vindicated not to mention happy after eighteen months that the battle was finally over. So I settle up with my attorney and begin what I thought was to be happier, less stressful chapter in my life. But sure enough that dream was not to be, a few weeks later I traveled back to Ohio to be best man at my brothers wedding. Once again I return to California to be greeted with my exwifes refusal to allow visitation. Only telling me that Andrew didn't want to see me, shortly there after I get a copy of a letter addressed to the judge on the case, expressing the terror my son was experiencing during his visits with me. She admits to not having reviewed the evaluation nor ever meeting me, however being my son's advocate requesting visitation be suspended immediately and the already scheduled father son therapy begin. And it did, my ex-wife would accompany my son in the waiting room prior to our sessions, I would try to kiss my son and talk to him and he would stiffen up and get very uncomfortable. I would ask her if they needed anything and what not and she would refuse to acknowledge me. After a couple weeks of this it became so bad for Andrew that the therapist asked me to come ten minutes late and enter by way of the back door so not to come in contact with my son's mother. Week after week the sessions became increasingly nonproductive, with Andrew ignoring me and not participating. So about our sixth session I came in late as usual and the therapist immediately states that she and Andrew had been talking and he had something he wanted to tell me. So I sit down across from him and he tells me that he's tired of nobody listening to him and that he was tired of going to therapy and evaluations, just the whole thing. Then what he said to me must have been one of the hardest things he'll ever do, and the most painful thing I've ever heard. He looks me in the eyes and says that maybe in two or three years he might feel different. But that he didn't want to see me anymore. I knew right then he had enough and I agreed to his request, I told him that I would be there for him if ever he needed me, then to avoid breaking down in front of him I quickly left the session. That was in October of 1998, then December 3rd of that same year I received a call from my son's therapist Judith Linzer, Ph.D. She opens with telling me that she had made a terrible mistake, and that I was right in saying that my ex-wife and her parents had been brainwashing my son. And then explained to me that she too was alienated from Andrew and that she was concerned for him being that he was cut off from everyone and his needed therapy. She advised me that she believed him to be a Parental Alienation case and offered to sell me a copy of an article that explained the seriousness of his condition and asked me what I wanted her to do. I said I didn't know I just didn't want him to end up in a clock tower on a college campus with a riffle yelling I thought you loved me! She said what do you mean? He's already that sick, he's one sick puppy! I then told her to immediately contact the court and inform them of his situation, then she had the nerve to tell me that she would have to charge me $500 dollars for writing a letter to the judge. I told her we would discuss that later, and she wrote the letter. In it contained shocking and disturbing descriptions of both my son and his mother's behavior. She makes the diagnosis of PAS and gives a very non-committal opinion of what the best plan of action would be. She recommends a second evaluation was in order, so the judge met with my ex-wife and I and said he was requesting another evaluation. One thing I want to point out is that his doctor was cut off from my son in October and didn't decide to contact me until December. Thus as she states in her letter that because she hadn't seen Andrew in two months and was unaware of his condition she thought the evaluation to be a good idea. It took me a while to put that together.
Once again due to the evaluators inflexible schedule he wasn't able to start for nearly a month, and my exwifes attorney is quick to file a three month continuance and making the statement that we would then address Dr. Linzer's so called Parental Alienation. Well that was January 1999 and sure enough the evaluator once again felt no urgency in completing this his second evaluation, in fact it took him ten months to complete approximately 22 billed hours of evaluating. So finally in October of 1999 a hearing was scheduled to review the findings of the second and I've always believed unneeded evaluation. However one week before we were to appear the evaluator phones me informing me that he had just tallied up his hours and that his fees exceeded the initial retainer by twelve hundred dollars, and that my half was six hundred dollars. I told him that was fine and I could pay him $100 dollars a month until paid, he rejected this idea informing me that if he wasn't paid in full prior to the hearing scheduled the following week then he in turn would be unable to release the findings of his report. I told him there was no way I could come up with that kind of money in less that a week, he said he was sorry but he would have to contact the court about enforcing payment. And that's exactly what he does I have a copy of his letter sent to the judge telling him that I refused to pay him anymore than what had been paid to cover the retainer, in fact went as far as to tell the judge that I told him that I owed money to the father son therapist previously used and that she wasn't getting paid nor would he.
That was October 12th. 1999 the case was closed, my wife disconnected the phone and refused to answer the door, when this happened I went to evaluator pleading for him to assist me and he asked me if I knew that my son's mother was pretty ill, I told him I didn't know and he then told me that she had been locked up in a mental ward three times over the course of a year. I went to family court service telling them that my son's mother has been unable to care for my son numerous times. She told me that they were done with the case. And that if I want their assistance I would have to take it back to court.
And here we are, and that's the short version!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">