• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just Asking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sc21225

What is the name of your state? Maryland
I have been abused by thef ather of my child for over 6years. I have filed numeroud police reports and he's been arrested twice. He now has a warent out for his arrest and I have recently filed for custody of our son. Concern: because I don't show up for the court hearing due to him treatning me will this hurt my case. I now have a ex-parte out against him I am due back monday for a final decision. I am going to show up, but I am scared that the past cases will hurt my current one. Advice?

kat1963

>>>He has a history of physically and mentally abusing me but due to fear I don't press charges.

>>>I have filed numeroud police reports and he's been arrested twice.

Which one is it?

What's in the past that you are so afraid of????? Just what have you done that has you so afraid??

You keep asking the same thing, please don't start any new threads on the subject or you will be ignored.

Also, don't try to play us because you will be called on it. If you are looking for a fair determination of your situation, be honest. If you just want to play games, then keep jumping into the playpen with your ex as you have been doing. Let others who are in serious need obtain advice from the members of this forum who take time out of their day to answer.

KAT

VG1013

sc21225 said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland
I have been abused by thef ather of my child for over 6years. I have filed numeroud police reports and he's been arrested twice. He now has a warent out for his arrest and I have recently filed for custody of our son. Concern: because I don't show up for the court hearing due to him treatning me will this hurt my case. I now have a ex-parte out against him I am due back monday for a final decision. I am going to show up, but I am scared that the past cases will hurt my current one. Advice?

~~~You not showing up in court will only show the courts that YOUR not that afraid of his threats. Why waste their time?

S

sc21225

Why be so rude, I am asking for help and I have been asking. I have been to support groups and with the house of Ruth I aked for simple advice if my situation bothers you, you ignore me don't reply. It is hard when you have no help and no family and a past history such as mine. I don't want my son to grow up hating me as I hate my mother. So I put up with the beatings, not to mention the fact that evrytime I do file charges I get jumped. Yeah, I get restraining orders, but I cant get them on people I don't know. Now I am ready, I am stronger now to go forth and stick to what's best for me. I fear what my son will endure because of my problems. So, if you had someone who always seem to find where you live because their relative work for the government and threatens your life and acts on it what would you do? Youre so wise.....

kat1963

Actually, I am wise. I know a good deal about MD law having lived in the state for 15 years, married for 12 & also took 2 PLUS years to get divorced there. I was also married to a high ranking public official who I couldn’t turn in for abuse because he if lost his position he would have killed me. I have a good deal of experience & advice to offer.
However, if you can’t handle simple TYPED questions, then perhaps you want know something? You are in big trouble. If a person on the internet can get you this upset, his lawyer questioning you is going to be g** damn cake walk.
Rude? Hon, I wasn’t trying to be rude. You contradicted yourself & got caught. I pointed it out. You also DID NOT answer the question; instead, you just made yourself out to more of a victim. That's not going to wash in court.
This isn't a garden party Dear, it's a CUSTODY BATTLE! One that I feel you are hardly ready for. (yeah, now that was rude!)
Good Luck.
KAT

S

sc21225

I will be called on what? You are so wise, yet have the misconstrude conception. Produce ideas or you will be called on your inability to understand emotions. I have recieved some very good advice from the forum and personally your response is not cared for nor needed. (have the last say?) Please do not flatter yourself by assuming for any reason you have upset me. I have been through much worse and I am full aware of what I am up against. People make mistakes and I have made many; it won't take me twelve years to get it and I am still young so I have more time to get it right. So you can throw your quotes around as if they actually mean something. You are so wise......describe mental abuse, call that out.

Out of life's school of war; what does not destroy me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche/ Twilight of the Idols (1899)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">