• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ITT Tech

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

projectn00

Nevada

I attended ITT technical institute for 4 quarters ($12,000) until I found out that graduates were not getting jobs because employers have no respect for ITT degrees, due to the "pass everyone" mentality of school management. The school is also under investigation by the Department of Education, and I have been in contact with an investigator. I understand I signed a contract, but do i have any legal regress against them in the interest of paying my student loans? Is it possible and/or legal for me to get them to cover those loans though use of negative publicity, i.e. sharing my story with High School counselors, news agencies, and other means of publicly denouncing their school?

thanks a lot

Beth3

You signed a contract with the school. It's not the school's fault that you didn't do your homework in advance and realize that your degree would be virtually worthless, that it's not an accredited educational institution, and that the school is under investigation by federal authorities. (The DOE and FBI showed up at my hometown's ITT 18 months or so ago and closed them down, which was front page news at the time.)

You have two options:

(1) take the contract you signed to an attorney for review and see if there is any basis to believe the school defaulted on the contract.

(2) do nothing, quit paying on your student loans, and see if they come after you for payment (they will.)

All the negative publicity you can generate, which probably isn't much, still will not relieve you of any bonafide contractual obligations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">