• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

studying in VA(please i need a reply by saturday)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilzay

ok so im 14 i live in virginia. heres my question. my cousin moved here from el salvador(legally) 4 years ago and was living in new york(by the way shes 15.) In new york she lives with her father, her aunt and her sister who is now 19. Every summer she spends it here in virginia. anyway she likes it here and i would like to know what are the steps necessary for her to be able to live here and study. Is adoption necessary for her to live here or is it simpler than that?.does her father just have to sign papers or something?please i need a reply before saturday

ellencee

Her father can allow her to live with your family. The school system may have additional 'paperwork' that it requires; her father will have to make sure all requirements are met.

A little advice-- summer guests are often more enjoyable than are live-in guests.

Best wishes,
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">