• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shortsgtt

What is the name of your state? Ga

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum. Here is my story. I thought this was discrimination.

I went into Goodyear Tire. My tire was on flat and I had a donut. I asked the asst. manager if they accept checks. He said they do accept checks. I bought a tire and let them mount it. When he finished with the work he asked if I wanted to pay with credit card. I said no, I'm writing a check. The manager stepped in and said they would not accept my check. They asked how far the bank was, and I explained the check I was going to write the money from was out of state. He then replied we couldn’t accept an out of state check. I told him I had an in state check also. I would write the check from that account. He let me give him my information, then called the bank to verify it was an open account. He then said he would not accept the check because he only verified it was open, he did not verify how much was in the account. He then stated he only accepted checks from his church members. I stated that's funny because I've been going to your church for 2 years. I mentioned the name of the church and pastor. He said he would have to ask the pastor about me. My 6-year-old son then stated he remembered the manager. I stated yes you remember him but he doesn't remember us, I guess he doesn't care about all the members. He (the manager) then stated that was a nasty thing to say. He went into the service area and told the technician to get that car out of here because he wanted that nasty b**** out of here. I went into the service area and said they should put the donut back on the car so I could leave. He then ran into my face and shouted for me to get out of the service area. I told him I did not trust him with my car and would not leave until he finished replacing my donut. He pushed my son, and told us to get out. He then began yelling for someone to call the police because I was trying to write bad checks and would not leave his service department. The technician quickly put the donut on and drove it out of the shop. I took the car and went home. My question is, is it legal for this guy to decide by looking at me I am not trustworthy when it comes to writing checks? Is it fair that he says he only accepts checks from members of his church? If he does only accept checks from church members should he have accepted one from me because I am a member of his church? Can a company pick and choose who they let write checks. Did I have the right to stay in the service area while they replaced my donut? Finally, if he wanted me out of the service area and I wouldn't leave does he have the right to put his hands on my child? Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">