• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abortion with out the spouse knowing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DanR

What is the name of your state? NY
I found out that my wife had an abortion. The doctor asked her if she was Married, she said yes, He asked if I knew and she said no. He did the procedure anyway. Can I bring any action against this doctor? Monetary or otherwise.

I did some research but the word abortion seems to get a billion hits and in the state of mind I am as you can assume, Its been pretty frustrating. I appreciate any information you can offer.

Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DanR said:
What is the name of your state? NY
I found out that my wife had an abortion. The doctor asked her if she was Married, she said yes, He asked if I knew and she said no. He did the procedure anyway. Can I bring any action against this doctor? Monetary or otherwise.

I did some research but the word abortion seems to get a billion hits and in the state of mind I am as you can assume, Its been pretty frustrating. I appreciate any information you can offer.

Thanks

My response:

Sorry, but you're out of luck. Apparently, you've never read, or heard of, the United States Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade (1973) 410 U.S. 113, or any of the decisions rendered since.

Suffice it to say, abortions are legal in this country, and the decision to "abort" is purely within the discretion of the pregnant woman.

There's nothing you can do.

IAAL

dakoto70

?

IAAL I thought that if you were married the spouse had to give consent to the abortion? and any other procedure the woman wanted to have, tubal ligation and such? When I had my tubal they kept asking if I was married, I wasn't and they said that if I was married my husband would have to sign the paper agreeing to the tubal or I coouldn't get it done. Just curious about this one.

Thanks

karen

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: ?

dakoto70 said:
IAAL I thought that if you were married the spouse had to give consent to the abortion? and any other procedure the woman wanted to have, tubal ligation and such? When I had my tubal they kept asking if I was married, I wasn't and they said that if I was married my husband would have to sign the paper agreeing to the tubal or I coouldn't get it done. Just curious about this one.

Thanks

karen

My response:

Does "tubal ligation" sound like "abortion" to you? And, why are you hijacking this thread with your question? Start your own thread with this question.

IAAL

I

IgnorantWT

I think the point is clear. If you are married, you are a team on how the both of you share the rest of your lives together. Ghild bearing included. Sharing the responsibility of a child is a usual and common goal of a married couple. Why can't a man have a right to have a child?
If both are in agreement for the child, have one. But if one does not want it, I have to question the strength of the commitment and understanding of the two involved if the one goes behind the others back to act as an individual.

dakoto70

I didn't

I didn't hi jack the thread, I asked YOU what the difference was between the two and I wondered if you needed consent for both of them. I am so sorry for bothering you. God forbid someone askes you a question. I didn't start a new thread inside some elses I was just asking for clarification of something you said.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">