• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dropped charges and reopened?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

batistas_girl

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

my brother had charges against him from last december. the charges were not pursued and he followed all the court orders for classes he needed to attend and the charges were dropped because the judge said he saw no reason to continue it. well he just got a letter in the mail today stating that he has a rescheduled hearing to disregard the prior notice..which he never received...and that his case had been reopened? does anyone know why this could have happened and what can happen?

JETX

"does anyone know why this could have happened"
*** Yes. The prosecutors office knows why. And it was probably due to some failure of your brother to comply with the court order.

"and what can happen?"
*** It would appear that the charges are being reinstated.

B

batistas_girl

he did comply

thats just it...he did comply and completed all of his classes and things like i said and the judge cleared him. he said there was no reason to continue it. i dont know. i dont understand what is going on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">