• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Free Lawer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patrickpruitt

Georgia,

My friend has been arrested and imprisoned for almost a year now on charges that are obviously false because he is black. It has gotten as bad as the police departement planting cocain on him after they had searched him twice and typed a police report stating that he had no cocain on his person. His public defender is only looking to help the state, and we need to know what we can do about getting a new lawer if we have no money?

Son of Slam

patrickpruitt said:
...on charges that are obviously false because he is black. It has gotten as bad as the police departement planting cocain on him ...

Because he is black it should have been crack?

HomeGuru

patrickpruitt said:
Georgia,

My friend has been arrested and imprisoned for almost a year now on charges that are obviously false because he is black. It has gotten as bad as the police departement planting cocain on him after they had searched him twice and typed a police report stating that he had no cocain on his person. His public defender is only looking to help the state, and we need to know what we can do about getting a new lawer if we have no money?
**A: here is the crux of the prroblem; the trouble that he, you and your other gang friends are having is that you did not put education as a top priority.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I can't remember, and I know it's on the tip of my tongue, but I know there's a name that Blacks have for other Blacks who stay in school, stay off drugs, never join a gang, don't commit crimes, go to college and obtain a degree, get a good job or profession, don't speak Ebonics, and make lots of money.

I can't seem to recall that name . . . hmmmmm

What was it . . . . ?

Oh, yeah! Now I remember!

"Successful."

IAAL

P

patrickpruitt

For all the Advice

Georgia,

I thank those of you that responded seriously to my post. For those of you that, for some reason, think that I was writing from an uneducated background, please, leave responses for those only willing to help. My friend has had some bad luck, and yes, he is not educated, but that is even more reason for those of us who are more fortunate to help. I, myself, am finishing up my first degree in Philosophy, and am about to enter into pre-med. You all have proven youselves ignorant and heartless by your responses. Again, for those of you who responded seriously, I will look into your advice. Thank you

calatty

You are unlikely to find a lawyer who will defend your friend for free. Why should a lawyer work for free? Do you work for free? It is a common misconception that public defenders are part of a conspiracy to convict the defendant, when on the whole they are experienced attorneys working in their clients' interest who like to win as much as any lawyer does. Defendants don't understand the system and don't like to hear honest evaluations of their cases, like that the jury will probably convict them if they go to trial and that it is in their best interest to accept a plea. In your friend's case, his lawyer probably told him that the chances of the jury believing the police planted drugs on him are virtually zero, but your friend thinks it can fly and wants a lawyer who not only believes the defense (or pretends to) but will present that losing defense to the jury. For that, he is to pay cash money.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: For all the Advice

patrickpruitt said:
Georgia,

I thank those of you that responded seriously to my post. For those of you that, for some reason, think that I was writing from an uneducated background, please, leave responses for those only willing to help. My friend has had some bad luck, and yes, he is not educated, but that is even more reason for those of us who are more fortunate to help. I, myself, am finishing up my first degree in Philosophy, and am about to enter into pre-med. You all have proven youselves ignorant and heartless by your responses. Again, for those of you who responded seriously, I will look into your advice. Thank you

My response:

You said - -

"My friend has had some bad luck, and yes, he is not educated".

"Bad luck"? I guess that translates into, "His luck ran out when he was caught and was forcibly stopped from selling drugs."

"Not educated"? Did somebody hold a gun to his head and say, "If you try going to school, I'll shoot"? Did he not have all the opportunities you and I had to go to school? Or, was it genetic? Was it environmental? Or, was it "choice"?

Oh, please. Uneducated Blacks, and you Liberals, always have some "excuse" for yourselves, and your behavior, and why crap happens to you. And then, when that doesn't work, out comes the "I'm Black" race card!

White America is sick and tired of Blacks always using their "color" as an excuse when crap happens to them. It's old. It's doesn't work. Yet, Blacks just haven't gotten the "word" yet that no one pays any attention to Blacks who use the race card. That's because the rest of us are sick of that tired, old, excuse.

Your friend's problem, at it's most basic, is that his past has caught up with him, and you're looking to coddle him and you're using the race card to enlist someone's help. As soon as you do that, that's when the rest of America looses interest. Next time, use another "excuse" for the reason why your friend is the way he is, and the trouble he caused to himself.

Try, "no excuses at all."

IAAL

HomeGuru

Re: For all the Advice

patrickpruitt said:
Georgia,

**A: too bad you did not major in spelling because if you did maybe you would have spelled words like department, cocaine and lawyer correctly. Pre-med? Be sure you spell range of motion and contraindications correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">