• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abuse ?.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MBadgett

What is the name of your state? NJ

I don't know how to express my self in writing but I will try to explain my self I will give a little brief background
this is a 13 year old case which up to date has been in front of the courts around 18 times I Guss What I am trying to say is I am a ex- wife of a police officer who has 2 teenage kids and a ex husband who know how to use the Courts for his own gain
the marriage ended in divorce after 9 years, this story is a unique situation I made it through the Physical part by ended my mariage but it is what occurred after the Final Divorce papers were sign. My ex started me on a 13 years bad dream that has not ended which included custody & child support a few times, criminal charges against me a few times jail time also a few times along with having media coverage (News Paper) Sexual assault charges emancipation request also a few times and so much more etc the bottom line is after18 plus court appearances and going through 4 lawyers which i thought would end the Emotional abuse, plus many many fights in and out of court over a period of 13 plus years and 2 children who are now of age and 1 in collage there still seems that there no end I am unemployed right now and I do not meet the legal aid guide lines to obtain a lawyer I made it past the Physical abuse when I ended the marriage. but the emotional abuse is still happening and it seems as through he has made it his mission in life to destroy me in any way he can I don't know what to do or even what I can do about this. Any advice will be appreciated.

C

ChristinaR

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

You can also call your local Crisis Center; they will help with protective orders and legal aide, if they feel you qualify for protection.

M

MBadgett

abuseing the law

Yes I do understand and i know that I do have a local Crisis Center; to go to and about 10 plus years ago the same local crisis center helped me get my children back when my ex would not return them after a vist but in my case that is the problem my ex-husbond is now consdered to be the victim of Domestic Violence that is why I am looking for help he went as far as to go to the Crisis center a few years ago in our county and clams he has been abuseed by me I stand 4'7" at 100lbs and he is 6'1" almost 200lbs and he carrys a gun what it boils down to is I have a major problem of being once marryed to Police Officer who has used the sytem for his own satisfaction to continue to abuse me each time he takes me to court he comes up with new charges and or complaint against me, I was once told by someone that the incidence of a police officer using the law to continue to abuse his ex wife is not a unique situation and that is why I don't know what to do or even what I can do about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">