• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are my options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confusedTXan1

What is the name of your state? Texas

my wife recently filed for divorce....a do it yourself one. At the time because neither of us could afford to move out until we sold the house we both stayed in our home.

Last week for no reason she flew into a rage. I should mention she does this often. Usually when she does she throws things. This has become worse. In the last six months she has started throwing the things at me, hitting, kicking. I was always taught that a man should not hit a woman no matter what. Last week though things got extremely bad. She broke a pitcher over my head. And throw I don't know how many things at me. I left the room and she followed. She was still throwing things. So being very angry myself by now I picked up something of hers and broke it. I know, not smart.

She bent down to pick up the pieces. She was kneeling next to where I was sitting. She was in a rage and started to bite my leg. I couldn't get her to let loose. I ended up slapping her to get her to let go. She took a big chunk of my skin out.

She then went into the other room and called police saying that I was beating her and she needed help. She told them she wanted to leave and would they make sure I didn't follow.

Can abuse charges be filed and if so what are my recourses. It has been a week and I have not been served with any thing saying she did.

C

confusedTXan1

Sorry. When the police arrived they asked who throw the first blow. And of course she said I did. They asked me if I had a weapon. I told them no and that they could check me if they wanted. I asked the first officer who arriver.....by the way 4 police cars showed up for this. The Officer said "no I don't want to see anything".

He asked me what happened. I told him that we were arguing and she was biting me and wouldn't stop. Again I said would you like to see this. I told him she had hit me over head with pitcher whould he like to feel the bump. Again I got a no. He looked at her face and said "it looks like it could be a little swollen".

Another officer came over to talk to me. I asked him if he would like to see what she had done, that she was not a total victim here and that she had started the whole thing. He at least looked. The response I got from him when he saw the wound was "Holy ****".

The waited for her to get into her car and leave then they left. I have heard nothing from the police. But the next day she sent me an email saying she was changing the terms of the divorce and that I had 37 days to get out of the house. With a picture of her bruise.

C

confusedTXan1

Again sorry. Yes when she asked the police to wait until she left she went to a friends to stay. She is still there. Thank you for pointing that out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">