• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hi im new here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunmoonstars365

What is the name of your state? CA

My son is 5 months old and his father has been in prison since November 15, 2002. I have called the wardens office and the assistant warden is going to have him served with the papers I file tomorrow morning.

He was given a 2 year sentence and I am not sure when he will be released. I want to make sure I am protected as well as my 2 children one of which is his.

It's a long process before custody can be established starting with a paternity test becuase he did not sign the declaration of paternity with the hospital because of incarceration.

I am obtaining a TPO/TRO tomorrow, is there way to get temporary sole legal and sole physical custody pending the hearings? How do I go about doing this? ALSO do I file the police reports with the request for a temporary order of protection? or wait for the hearing.

I am new to this and can someone advise me on what to do?

Thanks a lot

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">