• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help if you can!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anjgonzalez805

step-ADOPTION!!!

What is the name of your state? iL

This is my story.......When I was about 3 months pregnant I got into a relationship with now my former husband for now 3 months. My son now is 19 months old and has never known his biological father only my husband who has been his father since he was born. His biological father knew of him but chose not to come around. he never signed the birth certificate or was never there by his choice.
There was paternity established because I was receiving food stamps and medical from the state for us and so we had no choice but to establish paternity so they could go after him for child support. They got a court order and he was suppose to pay like 167.00 every month each month but I never saw anything......then I called the child support place because they said I had a balance on my case cause he paid but I never received anything...they said he paid about twice ....once for about 57.00 and the second time for about 43.00 but like I said I never recived anything..I don’t want anything from him he has only seen the baby one time but never after that.... he never contacts me or even tries...so we never ever talk.
My husband has supported and loved "our little boy" since he was born. He wants to adopt him and give him his last name. My son has my maiden last name I never gave him the biological fathers last name nor was the birth certificate ever signed by him.
There was never any custody issues in court for my son I take care of him I have raised him his biological father does nothing.
What do we have to do to have my husband adopt "our little boy"
Can I get his biological father for abandonment and being an unfit parent and never being in his life??? is there a way I can do it withough a lawyer???? please help me if you can thank you

The biological father lives in idaho and I in chicago

Last edited:

anabanana

KISS!!

ANJ,

Keep it simple, sister. Why don't you just ask the loaf to surrender his parental rights? Why wouldn't he? If he doesn't care about the baby, doesn't pay, doesn't want to pay, and really doesn't give a **** one way or the other, it's to his advantage to just surrender, let you man adopt the boy and be on his lame-ass irresponsible way. And you wouldn't have to get all legally aggressive on him right out of the gate.

Of course, if you two fight and squabble, he'll say no just for spite, but if not... it's a possibility he'll cooperate just to be clear f the obligation that otherwise NEVER GOES AWAY.

ana

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">