• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Appointed Attorney Refuses To Assist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peo Se 123

What is the name of your state? PA
After much effort and time I finally got a judge to appoint council for me for my appeal. This is very important to me and I have enough evidence to win my appeal. The lawyer called me and informed me that she is not working on my appeal at all, but will send a letter to the Superior Court stating that my appeal is frivolous. This is before she spoke to me at all about it. I went through all the legal channels to attain representation and was faced with many obstacles but after pursuing this diligently I finally was appointed a lawyer. She is being very ignorant and won’t even speak with me. She claims my appeal is frivolous but hasn't taken the time to look at my case other than the docketing info. She says she will send notice to Superior Court that she will not work on my appeal.Can someone tell me please, Is anything that I can do, legally? What she is doing is very, very wrong and will hurt my chances of winning this appeal very much. But more than that, I need a lawyer and now I don’t feel as though she will be helpful to me, even if I find a way to have her work on my appeal. I feel she will be prejudice and hurt my case more than help it. Can someone please help me? Will someone please tell me what I can do? Please. Time is of the essence. Thank You.

abezon

1. Ask the court to appoint different counsel
2. Politely ask her to explain to you why the appeal is frivilous, then LISTEN TO HER ANSWER.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">