• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbally abusive ex-husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cooki#1

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My mother has been divorced frommy stepfather for about five years, they have three children together. An incident happened yesterday where he came over to my mothers house and really said some horrible things to her, like she's an old and ugly hag and that is the nicest of statements, all of this happened in front o my 13 year old sister. My mother asked him to leave and he would not so she called 911 and hung up. When they were married he was physically abusive and now since they are divorced he thinks he can talk to her any kind of way. So here is my question can a restraining order be obtained for verbal abuse. An also he never gives her the childsupport/ spousal support check on time, because he likes her to have to beg for it because he knows that she really needs it so what steps should be taked for the state to withhold it from his employment check.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">