• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife as witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krenshaw

My wife and I are from Arkansas. Last year we found out that my wife's children (my stepchildren) were molested by their father in Texas. We reported it in June last year. The father's trial is, unless changed, September 22 (next month) in Texas. My wife is required to take the witness stand as the reporter of the crime. What types of questions are normally asked? The problem is that my wife suffers from multiple personality, bipolar, and possible schezophrenia. She can, under stress, change into a potential violent personality, named "Meagan", totally beyond her control, or can lose consciousness. She is quite concerned about turning into this personality upon facing the defendant in court, and the possible resulting behavior getting her into serious trouble. I have also noticed some memory problems, where she can change minor to moderate details of a story--I am also concerned about her credibility on the stand. Also she is concerned about the fact that, due to concerns about the children's safety when she was having some serious mental problems a few years ago (before being hospitalized and going onto fine medications that have her currently stable and doing much better) and the fact that he had joint custody, she signed them over to him before the abuse took place. How much of her character will be "on trial" at the trial, or will such events be brought up as the father is the one on trial? The children are now in foster care, with our input and cooperation, due to her health problems, and her health has since been doing better with the possiblity of their returning home soon. Questions are, what will she be required to tell, how can we deal with these memory problems, is there any way that the court can be informed in case this personality comes out, and is there the possibility that she can be excused from this stressful situation with her psychiatrist or therapist's assistance? The father is refusing a plea bargain--would this be stubbornness, stupidity, or would he have some counter-attack planned? (would such attack be possible?-Mike is quite a vengeful person that would lie) Thank you so much!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Ways To Deal With Multiple Personalities When Testifying - -

NUMBER 10: You try to stop her testimony because she swears that personalities 11 and 17 were the only witnesses to the crime.

NUMBER 9: Demands separate witness fees for each of her 27 personalities.

NUMBER 8: Her multiple personalities begin arguing with each other about splitting the witness fee check.

NUMBER 7: Meagan is dubbed the "Crankiest courtroom personality".

NUMBER 6: On the witness stand, Meagan starts blaming "Juan", personality number four, instead of her ex-husband.

NUMBER 5: Your wife may be from Arkansas, but her other personalities spend like they're all from New York!

NUMBER 4: It takes half the day to "swear in" all of her personalities.

NUMBER 3: Your wife starts to point the blame at herself - - 27 times!

NUMBER 2: His defense attorney asks her, "Do people refer to you as "The crazy one in the family?"

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Way To Deal With Multiple Personalities When Testifying - -

Make sure she doesn't wear 27 sets of clothes into the courtroom.

IAAL

K

krenshaw

Not to the extent I explained in the post. Figured that she had to appear, no matter what. The stress of this hearing 3 weeks from now, has got her in bed with severe Irritible Bowel Syndrome.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You need to let the PA know ASAP so s/he is prepared for the possibilities. There is NOTHING a lawyer hates more than to be blindsided.

K

krenshaw

My wife--we have had little problems with Meagan lately. The stress of when the kids were here mainly came out with various personalities and passing out. Lately, it's the nausea/cramps of IBS.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

krenshaw said:
My wife--we have had little problems with Meagan lately. The stress of when the kids were here mainly came out with various personalities and passing out. Lately, it's the nausea/cramps of IBS.

My response:

I know how she, and they, are feeling. I've been having extremely EXPLOSIVE bowel movements too - - and I think it's because my personality, #28, has the flu. Now, when I get on my skateboard, me and my 35 personalities become jet powered!

Then, we hit a brick wall and pass out!

The meanest personalities I have are Carmen Miranda, Vincent Price, and Betty Davis - - especially Betty Davis. She's got those "eyes". Vincent scares the hell out of me, and Carmen constantly pinches me with her castanets.

So, I know how your wife is feeling.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">