• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recording phone conversations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sherylbaird

What is the name of your state? Washington

I have a friend going through a very messing "Parenting Plan" situation. The father of her son has had a "No Contact Order" issued against her, but yet, he is continually contacting her by phone, and showing up at her apartment.

She's been documenting all events, however, it's very tedious and her son is very young and demands constant care, making it difficult to drop everything to write something down.

A few days ago it was suggested to her, to start recording any and all phone conversations she has with this man, but that she'd have to tell him up front the conversation is being recorded.

Here is where my question comes in: I was of the understanding, that in WA state, as long as one participant of the conversation was consenting (ie my friend), that it was not illegal to record the conversation, without the other person's knowledge, so long as the phone being used belonged to the person consenting.

Is this true? I'd like to make sure that I have my facts straight regarding this before opening my big mouth!

Thanks,
sheryl

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
ellencee said:
Sherylbaird
I apologize for usurping your post for a few minutes and I promise to come back and delete this post.

momma_tiger
I tried to email you, but was unable to do so. My email address is [email protected].
Feel free to decline, and be assured of no hard feelings!
EC
BWAHAHAHA You've got mail.

ellencee

momma_tiger
It still won't let me email you! Not even by 'reply'. It says it is blocked by the administrator.
I'm as ignorant about email and the internet as anyone can be, so if you have any suggestions, let me know.
EC

S

Sherylbaird

MommaTiger

I did get your emails, I'm a novice at these type of forums too. Did go to the website you furnished. Was very informative. Glad I did lead my friend with false information.

Thank you very much for taking the time.

Sheryl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">