• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huxford

What is the name of your state? Georgia

A former emplyee wrecked his car while still employed here, then was relieved of his job a few months later. His wrecked car, however, is still in our parking lot. We have communicated via email and phone messages and offereed to arrange a towing company to take the car to his house. But, he won't get back in touch with us to make these arrangements. We've sent emails with time deadlines, but to no avail.
What are our legal rights concerning this abandoned car? It's been here now 4 months since his depature.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

huxford said:

A former emplyee wrecked his car while still employed here, then was relieved of his job a few months later. His wrecked car, however, is still in our parking lot. We have communicated via email and phone messages and offereed to arrange a towing company to take the car to his house. But, he won't get back in touch with us to make these arrangements. We've sent emails with time deadlines, but to no avail.
What are our legal rights concerning this abandoned car? It's been here now 4 months since his depature.

My response:

Remove the vehicle.

Simple.

IAAL

HomeGuru

huxford said:

**A: have the towing company tow it to their yard or a storage yard and charge the fees to the registered owner of the vehicle. Or tow it to the street and let the police deal with the vehicle.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tcsd1236 said:
In my experience, towing companies will generally not want to handle this sort of tow , because they are then stuck with a junker taking up space on their lot and before they will be able to dispose of it they will have to go through a fairly lengthly process of acquiring lawful ownership of the vehicle so they can auction it off or otherwise dispose of it.Not that they WONT do the tow, though...... and depending on your local laws they may insist that it be ticketed before being towable.....so you'll have to check on what your local laws say about towing vehicles from private property. Good luck.

My response:

Are you even bothering to look at the date of the original post in this thread?

This thread is over 8 months old. Why are you dredging up these old threads? If you want to help, there are plenty of NEW threads, where people need IMMEDIATE assistance.

The "conjecture" I'll make for this thread is that it's already been worked out by the original writer.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Perhaps, tcsd1236, you might feel more comfortable going back to one of your other message forums, such as:

Cops Suck
Police Driving
Realpolice
National Traffic Enforcement Association

IAAL

JETX

Liable, I believe the 'concept of time' is beyond the understanding of this guy!! He has dredged up several old, long-dead posts..... and then argued with me as to his 'excuses' for doing so. Hell, his excuses even get excuses!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">