• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Clay_Trainor

CALIFORNIA BABY!!

Hi, sorry, but i've had this kid bugging me for sometime and pushing me around, and i was wondering if it's legal if i just punch him in the face, and fight him. Is it possible to get charged?
if he told me to punch him, and I did, and then he fights back.

Thanks

Clay

P

plumuniq

I'm no lawyer, but I have a son who was abused by his step-dad
often.
Let me say this:
if this "kid" is under 18, then "YES" you can be charged for child abuse. If he's over 18, you can be charged for assault. It may
be your word against his without witnesses, in the case of
assault (if he's over 18), and you're claiming self defense.

There is NO EXCUSE for child abuse. Period.
NO, you CAN'T punch him in the face. He's pushing your buttons-getting your attention for a reason. He may be trying to reach out
for your affection, and knows no other way.

There are agencies you can go to that deal with problems in the family...if he has a neurological disorder such as ADHD, or
bipolar, then he needs to be diagnosed, through one of these
agencies and on meds. Punching and abusing will only make it worse, and he WILL NOT respond to it. He will not stop the
underlying behaviors causing the problems.
You might want to get some counseling your own self as to how to how to deal with this family crisis. There are crisis lines if things get out of hand. DO NOT CROSS THAT LINE. IT will only screw things up.
It could be he want you to strike so that he can call the police on
you also. You'd better think about that.

C

Clay_Trainor

hey, sorry for the lack of information, but he is on the verge of turning 18 and I am already 18.

anyways thanks for any help.

C

Clay_Trainor

and also forgot to add, that there is no family relation, he and I have had a dispute for the last three years.

He constantly torments me every tiem i see him, and the other night he made me look like a fool in front of a girl i like, so I just really want to start a fight and settle this once and for all, but i don't want to do damage to my perfect record.

I don't know what to do

Thanks

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You'll impress the girls more if you simply walk away. Time for both of you to grow up.

M

maddash

momma_tiger said:
You'll impress the girls more if you simply walk away. Time for both of you to grow up.
How did you get to be so wise? Where did you pick up all of your knowledge? Probably the same place your momma did - in the back room of Petey's Bar and Brothel.

H

happynow

maddash+Clay_Trainor = TROLL
Go away and let your parents have their computer back

C

Clay_Trainor

umm, well sorry for bothering u guys, i just thought this would be a good place to get the legal bit of what might happen.

H

hexeliebe

Clay, battery is the unauthorized touching of another. Assault is the threat of physical violence (put in very simple terms).

The trick here is to let him make the first move. If all he's doing is trying to goad you into hitting him, just get in his face and smile. then walk away.

I was 6'4" and 200 lbs in high school and am now 6'4" and 250 and working on a farm all day has filled me out a bit. But all through high school I was only in one fight. And that was after months of crap that I refused to take anymore.

No one knows your situation and no one is going to give you permission to commit a battery on another individual. But sometimes, it's what you don't to that causes the greatest fear.

Smile, walk away and ignore him. As for the comment about impressing the girls, screw the girls. screw this kid and screw anyone with a personal opinion on how you handle this. Only you know what you can live with.

IF it turns to violence just make sure there are not witnesses. And before you touch him smile and tell him you'll give him time to go home and pack a lunch, because you're not going to stop until he's paid back for all the bull**** he's put you through.

I doubt he'll return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">