• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got ticket for reverse parking in spot..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

My son got a ticket, at his school, for pulling forward into the next parking spot so, when he left, he could simply drive out. (Normally, you could do the same thing by simply backing into a parking spot.)

I'm almost sure I remember on the DMV driving test a written question that actually encouraged parking this way. Now the school gave him a $25 ticket for it. The school never said students at the High School could not park this way.. can anyone let me know for sure if this is even a citation given under normal, California parking laws?

If you have an online reference to the DMV tests or a law saying it is a violation, that would help too.

HomeGuru

enricosuave said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

My son got a ticket, at his school, for pulling forward into the next parking spot so, when he left, he could simply drive out. (Normally, you could do the same thing by simply backing into a parking spot.)

I'm almost sure I remember on the DMV driving test a written question that actually encouraged parking this way. Now the school gave him a $25 ticket for it. The school never said students at the High School could not park this way.. can anyone let me know for sure if this is even a citation given under normal, California parking laws?

If you have an online reference to the DMV tests or a law saying it is a violation, that would help too.
**A: and did you and he review the school parking rules and then looked at the ticket and noted the exact infraction?

Ticket at school..

When he was given his parking permit there were only three rules, and those dealt with making fake permits, loaning out the permit and parking without a permit. There is no list of rules for parking, only the list of violations that are printed on the ticket. But those were never posted or handed out in hard-copy nor a locaton of their contents listed anywhere to be found.

S

sdstrooper

Bring this issue up with whoever is in charge of the school. You can't make up and issue tickets that aren't in the parking agreement. Bring your copy of the parking agreement too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">