• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

worriedgrandma

What is the name of your state? Texas
I need to know what the law is regarding statutory rape in Texas, i have a 16 yo son who i have reason to believe has been being molested by a male that is in his early 20's - as well as a female that just turned 20 i need to know what the law is regarding pressing charges with the da or do i just need to get a lawyer and if so, what kind?

T

theother

If you feel that your son is being molested, you should contact the police. You don't get a lawyer to prosecute when you are a victim of a crime. The state handles that. You just need to report it.

Lewcifer

worriedgrandma said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I need to know what the law is regarding statutory rape in Texas, i have a 16 yo son who i have reason to believe has been being molested by a male that is in his early 20's - as well as a female that just turned 20 i need to know what the law is regarding pressing charges with the da or do i just need to get a lawyer and if so, what kind?
If you're so worried, as you claim to be, why haven't you taken him to your local police department to report the rape? Instead, you've chosen to spend your time registering and posting on bulletin board systems. Do something positive instead, that will help your grandson. Are you not an adult? Then start acting responsibly in your choices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">