• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mental Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpfups

What is the name of your state? Md

How is courts with Mental abuse? Is it hard to prove to them or what? Reason why im asking is that my ex & I have joint physical/shared custody...My ex has recently decided to be a lezbo which is fine by me..What isnt fine is that my daughters ages 7 & 5 come home & say that the 2 make out in front of them, shower in front of them & that my ex significant other parades around the house naked in front of them....

So if anyone could give me advice let me know...

Last edited:

VG1013

mpfups said:
What is the name of your state? Md

How is courts with Mental abuse? Is it hard to prove to them or what? Reason why im asking is that my ex & I have joint physical/shared custody...My ex has recently decided to be a lezbo which is fine by me..What isnt fine is that my daughters ages 7 & 5 come home & say that the 2 make out in front of them, shower in front of them & that my ex significant other parades around the house naked in front of them....

So if anyone could give me advice let me know...
~~~First, let's get something clear...one doesn't "decide" to be a lesbian or gay. You are born that way, it is in you from the day your were born. If your ex and her lover are doing these things in front of the children...you should talk to your ex about it immediately. I have nothing against lebians or gays, but no one, no matter what their preference in gender is...should ever do anything like that in front of children. Let your ex know about your concerns. Legally, I don't think there is anything you can do.

kat1963

It could be criminal, research your state codes. I'm sure there is something against indecent exposure, deviant behavior ect. Not because they are lezbo's but because they are exposing young children to this type of behavior which is sexual in nature. I don't care if they are both women, it's NO different if it was step father involved walking around with his privates hanging out!!! Once you find what you are looking for consult a good family law attorney...heck, just go see one now.
KAT

mpfups

Well I have made it clear that i dont like the kids seeing that stuff but my ex doesnt care....Thats why i was wondering from a legal standpoint what i could do?

L

Lawswammy

There is really nothing that could be done from a legal standpoint. We're talking about a 7 year old and a 5 year old. Unless they are disabled (which you did not specify), they have the option of WALKING OUT OF THE ROOM. People stand in one spot in the bathroom when they shower, so how is this being done "in front of them"? Can they not walk out? Can they not turn their heads if they don't want to see kissing, or a naked body? Have they expressed their displeasure to their mother? If they are being forceably detained then you have a case for abuse.

Last edited:

KAMIAKI1

Good point on them walking into the bathroom. Not much you can do if your children are walking in on them while they are doing things. Too bad they are so open in front of young and impressionable children. Some people just don't have respect-too selfish. Then again, kids can be curious.
Have you tried calling your local (CPS) Child Protective Service agency to see what they can help you with? Ask what the laws are for indecent exposure or somethink like that. Good luck.

kat1963

As I stated, RESEARCH your state codes. We don't handhold here. If you want to think and/or believe that a young CHILD can make an informed decision (as to what they witness or don't) as these obvious Liberals are telling you here, then FINE. Argue with your ex wife then just let it be. You have no clue & never will. HOWEVER, if you want a CLUE, you probably have a good case for a change of custody or having your children put into foster care.
It's your choice man.
KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">