• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can be done ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nuthinbutfacts

What is the name of your state? Kansas
After a few years of being in an "eventually" mentally abusive relationship, my Sister chose to get a "PFA" on her ex-boyfriend- After his continuous threats of suicide and kicking her door in at any given time. At one point he was actually kicking the door in- and my Sister called 911. The Dispatcher sent out the call and stated that she could "hear him kicking the door in now", and the police needed to get there. When they did arrive, they found the door kicked in, and after an actual "search" for him found him in an upstairs bathroom. He was lying in a fetal position and when they finally DID get him to open the door and talk to them- he showed them his little finger and said my sister had done that to him and wanted her to be arrested (domestic). The police went to my Sister and asked her if she knew what happened to his finger, and she stated that she wasn't sure, but he probably hurt it as she was trying to keep him from kicking the door all the way in- doing so because she had to undo a chain that she had used to keep him out (moving door closer to open). She was immediately arrested. The fact that she had called them for help was disregarded. (One of MANY situations like this directs to my question) * Her ex had court in regards to an incident where he attempted to assault (allegedly) someone with a weapon. When they found they had no case on him- they went back and pulled "3" PFA Violations - from at least 4 months previous- and NOT doing anything about them at the time as they should have and had him arrested for them. What is that all about? My Sister filed them because she needed assistance from them and they did nothing. Period. Now they do? Thanks!!:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">